Dell XPS M1710

beatbrother

hello...

first, my english isnt so good. if you can write in simple english or german. if it possible i´ll use an translater for my texts (if i dont know how it to write)

i have an dell xps m1710 with 2,33ghz core2duo and 4gb 667mhz ram and nvidia geforce go 7950gtx with 512mb ram.

i testet the lion gm with an boot-stick i have made. on boot, it seems that i must have an dsdt.aml in the extra-directory.

is anybody out the with an dsdt.aml ???

to selfmade an dsdt.aml is to crazy for me. i know that leopard should run, but i havent one.

can anybody help me ?

greetings from germany

beatbrother

Hi! Because of your -say it diplomatic - ungood :D english i will try to answer you in german but please remember this is a english spoken forum so if anyone will assist we have to switch back to english :D...

Also erstens:

Leider unterstützen wir momentan Lion nicht wirklich da es noch in der Beta Phase ist.

Außerdem hast du ein DELL Modell was leider von unserem EDP Package nicht unterstützt wird.

Zweitens:

Installieren lieber SL - ist nicht nur hübscher sondern funktioniert auch.

Desweiteren hat Leon den XPS 1330 im EDP Package eingepflanzt also würde ich es mit diesen settings probieren. Ob das wirklich funktioniert kann ich dir aber leider auch nicht sagen. Vlt. schickst du ihm eine PN und klärst das mit im ab er ist aber grad auf Urlaub, deswegen ...

Ansonsten wirst du dich ein bischen ins Wiki einlesen müssen (leider English) aber ich bin mir sicher dass du mit der dort gegebenen Hilfe Snow Leo ohne großen Aufwand zum laufen bekommst.

Falls Du weitere Fragen hast, melde dich einfach

LG aus Österreich

cheers

CRC

thanks a lot for your answer.

yes, i know that here written in english. no problem, reading is good, but writing isnt so good.

ok... will try snow now.

if i have to many problems then you get a pm from me :)

greetings

beatbrother

hi again... i hate double-postings...

ok... time back for 2 weeks. i work on the xps with an boot-stick for lion-install (yes i have it in the appstore buyed).

i have made a dsdt.aml for the xps (2 errors, but they are not relevant i think. it runs and that is the right)

after 3-4 installs i have an success. (wrong kexte and kernel panics)

now... my dellent0sh works fine. only not working is the internal wlan-card. (intel pro 4965a/g/n) i will buy an external usb-wlan-stick (edimax mini usb wlan 150mbit => nearby 12€ on ebay)

the dellent0sh runs as an mbp late 2009 :D

by the way: the edp-package are really good, one or two kexts where from this package. thanks a lot.

greetings beatbrother

I'm trying to suss out my Dell/Hackintosh options and I may be able to get my hands on a Dell XPS M1710 Core2Duo T7600 2 GB 160 GB Nvidia 7950 GTX 17". Can you advise what OS I would be able to run on it i.e. Snow Leopard, Lion or, Mountain Lion?

I'm trying to suss out my Dell/Hackintosh options and I may be able to get my hands on a Dell XPS M1710 Core2Duo T7600 2 GB 160 GB Nvidia 7950 GTX 17". Can you advise what OS I would be able to run on it i.e. Snow Leopard, Lion or, Mountain Lion?

Can anyone answer this quickly. The sale ends in an hour. :o