Dell Latitude D620

Nick Napalm

Hi Guys and Girls I Need help.

I have a Latitude D620 and I'm trying to install iFail S3 ver.2

Can some tell what are the optimal settings to use?

A plain text guide would be most helpful

Dell Latitude D620

Video GMA950

Ethernet 57XX

Intel Centrino Duo

4gb Memory

Service Tag HSVKVC1

Thanks.

Hi Guys and Girls I Need help.

I have a Latitude D620 and I'm trying to install iFail S3 ver.2

Can some tell what are the optimal settings to use?

A plain text guide would be most helpful

Dell Latitude D620

Video GMA950

Ethernet 57XX

Intel Centrino Duo

4gb Memory

Service Tag HSVKVC1

Thanks.

Hi Nick,

this forum is dedicated to delivering best possible OS X experience on any of Latitudes. However, the solution this forum offers is based on Chameleon 2 and EDP. EDP being a collection of configuration files and kexts suited for Chameleon bootloader and Latitudes. EDP is configured by an edptool, which offers automated setup of all needed configuration files and kexts for a certain Latitude model, its HW configuration and the OS X version you would like to run.

There is no support provided for any other bootloaders, at least by the OSXLATITUDE crew. However, we do not prevent any of our registered members to offer you advice.

If you wish to try OSXLATITUDE solution, please read Wiki. It's straight forward, easy and rewarding, as many happy OSXLATITUDE users found out.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask.

Have fun!

Hey, I've had my D620 Latitude for about a year now and unable to afford a mac, i decided to install snow leopard on it currently running 10.6.8.

I used the Chameleon Bootloader D620SLV1.iso and simply installed snow leopard and use the D620SLV1 boot disc to boot up and thats it, but the computer is very slow running the mac osx, i get video but its very very very choppy and the general doing things is slow, running iphoto, itunes... any help to make performance as best as i can make it?

Thanks, McLean.

Hey, I've had my D620 Latitude for about a year now and unable to afford a mac, i decided to install snow leopard on it currently running 10.6.8.

I used the Chameleon Bootloader D620SLV1.iso and simply installed snow leopard and use the D620SLV1 boot disc to boot up and thats it, but the computer is very slow running the mac osx, i get video but its very very very choppy and the general doing things is slow, running iphoto, itunes... any help to make performance as best as i can make it?

Thanks, McLean.

replace dsdt with the one from here least. but check what u have.. intel or nvidia.

(backup your stuff in /Extra)

the irq timing and other things in dsdt help a lot!

u can restore a osx 10.6.x Snow leo with disk utilityto usb

( the file inside the .dmg source.. to usb destination. erase usb 8GB at least or second partition in hard disk :P)

and add/install chameleon2 rc5 .pkg and add files from around here to /Extra then boot from USB to your hard disk to test it :P

remove any funny kexts (starting with old acpips2nub and install new to /System/Library/Extensions for stability)

boot with -v -f

use edp in new install ?

i downloaded my correct dsdt file... how do i install it?

and the bootloader i downloaded doesnt boot up my system it asks me to restart, soi had to boot from my cd/dvd drive with my chameleon boot disc

its all a big mess. but the proper things to keep an eye on is: chameleon2, FakeSMC, smbios.plist,

kext caches ( clear them with kext wizard)

im not sure what you have in there but i dont run any kexts from /Extra/Extensions (unless its fakesmc with no plugins inside it . right click show contents of fakesmc. plugins should be empty.

what video card is the laptop intel gma950 or nvidia? ( cant say do this or that without knowing this!.)

the dsdt.aml goes in /Extra

the battery not charging is not osx. u have bad charger cord or broken pin inside tip.

(usualy cord is broken internally due to twisting it when u wrap it around the charger)

wrap a string around your finger and feel the pressure by the 4th twist.. thats being applied to thin cables inside it and they break. the power and charging system is 2 different cables inside cord. the pin inside tip charges battery.

2nd option is the power jack soldered inside laptop to board is loose or broken for the pin in center.

i have tried leppys stuff 2 yrs ago before snow and it was marginaly working for most. i deviated from their path and got good results. (fresh install os x with the methods from here. replace smbios.plist with one for Macbook5,1 or 2,1 check your chameleon2 rc5 version.)

its all a big mess. but the proper things to keep an eye on is: chameleon2, FakeSMC, smbios.plist,

kext caches ( clear them with kext wizard)

im not sure what you have in there but i dont run any kexts from /Extra/Extensions (unless its fakesmc with no plugins inside it . right click show contents of fakesmc. plugins should be empty.

what video card is the laptop intel gma950 or nvidia? ( cant say do this or that without knowing this!.)

the dsdt.aml goes in /Extra

the battery not charging is not osx. u have bad charger cord or broken pin inside tip.

(usualy cord is broken internally due to twisting it when u wrap it around the charger)

wrap a string around your finger and feel the pressure by the 4th twist.. thats being applied to thin cables inside it and they break. the power and charging system is 2 different cables inside cord. the pin inside tip charges battery.

2nd option is the power jack soldered inside laptop to board is loose or broken for the pin in center.

i have tried leppys stuff 2 yrs ago before snow and it was marginaly working for most. i deviated from their path and got good results. (fresh install os x with the methods from here. replace smbios.plist with one for Macbook5,1 or 2,1 check your chameleon2 rc5 version.)

It's an Intel graphics card