Hi !

BillyPrefect

Hello. I'm fairly new to the whole OSx thing, but so far am somewhat successful. I have a Dell Precision M65 - which is practically a Latitude D820 with a slightly different video adapter.

I had my initial setup working great actually, with Snow Leopard 10.6.7 but then realized that having installed on a basically stock setup I was nearly immediately out of disk space with the 60G hard drive. So I scavenged a few parts and am rebuilding my system with a 120Gb hard drive.

My install was based on iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) and a retail 10.6.0 (I think) borrowed disk. I fortunately haven't returned the disk so I am rebuilding with the same setup as it worked pretty good!

This time around I am going to try your EDP package to avoid having to deal with I think it was 5 different kext files (cpu, battery, audio, ps2 and I think one other). I am also going to try using the 820 DSDT instead of just picking a random setup and even go so far as to try to convince my system it is a MacBook Pro (I guess 2,1 would be closest). My current system was an early release from Dell so has the 1.66Ghz processor - I just realized that I can upgrade this to a 2.13Ghz for looking like $50 on ebay, as well as pick myself up a new battery as mine is beat.

Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hi" instead of lurching around reading without contributing anything at all.