D630 just hangs on the install?

attitude630

Ok, i decided to get osx onto my aging d630 and found lots of try this without much joy.

Currently, im using your d620slv method with commercial 10.6.3 purchased dvd.

System boots, starts to install but then hangs with the apple logo and a spinning wheel.

D630, A17 bios, 4gb ram, intel graphics nothing remarkable.

Have tried a method using a pc universal install 3.5 from usb drive, iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) loader. Hangs with a apple background image - mouse moves but nothing to action.

How do i get a 10.6.0 vanilla ?

Does the d430 image apply to me ?

Dont have acces to a mac, as i wouldnt bother with this if i did ?

If this works, will it support iworks etc ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks Both

Devious approach worked up to the reboot. Starts with grey screen, apple logo. Then goes black and i can hear the apple startup. Second screen shows the apple aurora borealis but nothing else. Fn- f8 hoses the output - whic is repeated in a quarter pattern. So its a graphic problem, and keyboard also.

Tried setting graphicsmode=1024x768x32, but no change.

Close, cigar, no lighter.

Trying the 420 image now.....

Thanks Both

Devious approach worked up to the reboot. Starts with grey screen, apple logo. Then goes black and i can hear the apple startup. Second screen shows the apple aurora borealis but nothing else. Fn- f8 hoses the output - whic is repeated in a quarter pattern. So its a graphic problem, and keyboard also.

Tried setting graphicsmode=1024x768x32, but no change.

Close, cigar, no lighter.

Trying the 420 image now.....

Your screen resolution?

Your screen resolution?

Intell gma 965.

Sorry for being dumb. How to know ? Using help on bootup , only mode 105 and below : resolutions 1024x768x32 and below

Will try graphicsmode=800x600x32

Damn thing plays the starup vid ( i can hear audio- not see it) and then talks to me !

420 image not working. I miisedsomething but osxlatitude.com is bouncing?

Ok. Enter the Bios menu and there it should say the maximum resolution.

Ok. Bios says 1280x800, which is what win 7 also reports. The second screen runs higher.

When the apple vid runs, hittinf fn-f8 flips the video and i did get the video viewable in 4 quarters but iam unable to action via keyboad.

Tried "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32" and no change. Turned of docking video

Will drop 2gb and try again.