Two-finger stuff / Gestures / Trackpad / Multitouch / Bobdamnit

qaz

I have a few of questions regarding the trackpad on my D620

2. Is the trackpad featured on a D620 a multitouch device?
  3. Does anyone know the brand/model# of the trackpad in a D620?
  4. Is the brand/model# of the trackpad on a D620 different than the one featured on a D520?
  5. I was wondering for one thing if the EDP tool will uninstall a previous kext when installing a conflicting one. For instance, if I run EDP and install the stock ApplePS2 driver but then change my mind and run it again and use Slice's driver instead.

Note: My goal is to avoid at all costs Edge Scrolling, instead would love to have two-finger scrolling and gestures if possible.

I came across this topic and here was a poster who was able to get multitouch on his 520 by using Better Touch Tool along a version of the slice driver and a version of the control panel he downloaded from insanelymac. I was totally unsuccessful finding the aforementioned drivers on Insanelymac, getting a reply after private messaging the poster through this forum and same with trying every possible driver and prefpane available with EDP Tool 1.8 including manually installing kexts and prefpanes from other sources and so on.

I tried so many things I don't even remember what I have or not installed on my system now after even getting KPs and having to delete some kexts and/or prefpanes manually from the Extra folder and from the /System/Lybrary/Kernel Extensions/ folder and rebuilding with EDP based on the kexts present in the system. Now the trackpad works but there's no sign of a prefpane for it (same with the mouse! no mouse prefpane when I connect a USB mouse though the mouse does work). (I had to delete some prefpane files after one or two of them were crashing the pref pane altogether)

Again, I tried every possible combination available on EDP Tool w/ BetterTouchTool and even downloaded a version os Slice's driver (probably an outdated one) on InsanelyMac. The result in all cases were that the BetterTouchTool would display a message in red in small letters indicating something along the lines of not being able to find a multitouch device. So either the drivers I tried fail to recognize the D620 trackpad as a multitouch device or maybe the D620 trackpad is NOT a multitouch device altogether and there's nothing to do about it, however I'm not sure about the latter since the forum member in question succeeded to do this on a D520 (or maybe I missread his post). Maybe the D520 does have a multitouch trackpad but the D620 doesn't???

yes edp will remove the old kexts like the way you described... test one don't like it run again and test another

Thanks Bronxteck, that answers my question #4 and talks about the efforts the Edp team is putting forward. Do you have two-finger scroll going?

• Administrators

i use option 4 on my d620=intel it's a bit sensitive but i don't like the side scroll. as for gestures. they are not working. my d620 has an alps trackpad. but if you want gestures you can always buy an apple blue tooth trackpad. unfortunately not all solutions can be free :)

"i use option 4 on my d620=intel it's a bit sensitive but..."

What is option 4?

"...i don't like the side scroll.""

Side scroll=vomit-smiley-9532.gif

"as for gestures. they are not working."

Gestures are actually reportedly WORKING. See this

"my d620 has an alps trackpad."

Thank you! That answers question #2

"but if you want gestures you can always buy an apple blue tooth trackpad. unfortunately not all solutions can be free"

Once again gestures are actually reportedly WORKING. See this

This poster knows how to make it work.

"i use option 4 on my d620=intel it's a bit sensitive but..."

What is option 4?

"...i don't like the side scroll.""

Side scroll=vomit-smiley-9532.gif

"as for gestures. they are not working."

Gestures are actually reportedly WORKING. See this

"my d620 has an alps trackpad."

Thank you! That answers question #2

"but if you want gestures you can always buy an apple blue tooth trackpad. unfortunately not all solutions can be free"

Once again gestures are actually reportedly WORKING. See this

This poster knows how to make it work.

Hey guys, sorry. Its been a while. Got caught up in life, vacation, work, etc. Again, sorry.

I did indeed have gestures working through BetterTouchTool, however I decided to scrap that idea in an effort to get two-finger scrolling working. BTT didn't like the PS2 kext I was usng for two-finger scroll, and would always come up with "No Multi-Touch device found.", however it would work with the "edgescroll" trackpad kext. (Dunno why, didn't much care. I did NOT want "edgescroll". I also should point out that the gestures did not work in Finder, and only worked in Safari with mods I no longer remember. Worked great in Firefox and Chrome.)

So, after completely wrecking my system like Qaz, and not knowing what friggin kext was where, I started over. After talking it over with a few of our excellent forum members, I was given a trackpad kext that I probably couldn't find anymore, however you probably linked it up there somewhere lol. Thats still the trackpad kext I'm using, however I've managed to find a version of the Voodoo prefpane that will slightly modify the trackpad speed (Make it way to friggin fast.) and change the scrolling speed. (Slows it down some.) The settings don't stick though, and after going to sleep, the settings will not retain at all. You must reboot and change them again.

Its not a complete solution, but it does work. When I get back to my D520, I'll post my prefpane and kext for ya.