Kernel Panic After 10.9 Install

itzkr0me

So I'm working towards installing Mavericks on my new Dell 6220. This is the very first time I've attempted any sort of H-Tosh build, so I'm probably more than a noob.

I've ran the installer (MyHacks, followed the guides on this site) with the following flags:

-v GraphicsEnabler=No, ncpi=0x300

No idea what the above means, but I read it somewhere in relation to installing on this machine, plus it's the only way I could get the actualy GUI installer to run.

Anyway, I've got the disk formatted as MAC Journaled and Non-MBR, all that jazz.

It runs through the entire installer. At the end, I choose the extras folder that has all the stuff from the bootloader I downloaded from this site. Three popups appear asking to remove things as they cause KP's. I do so.

Right in the upper right corner (can't see it, sorry) it starts to "Installing Chameleon Bootloader" and then immediately dumps to the screenshot attached.

I'm obviously doing something wrong, I just have no idea what that something is. I don't have a MAC in front of me today to re-do a USB stick (@ work), but if I can just add a file or two to the USB stick, that won't be an issue.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? (Image is attached in a larger size, in case you can't see the screen ok)

0xFUjEll.jpg

post-46902-0-08434500-1382708867_thumb.jpg

No, it hung.

However, I changed my flags to ncpi=0x2000 and it loaded past it. From there, it freezes after the OSX post successfull installation message, just before it is supposed to reboot....

If I force it down, the mesage that comes up is Invalid Partition (Everything is MAC Journaled GUID)

Ok, I let the system automatically reboot itself this time instead of jumping the gun. It still reboots (with the USB stick OUT) into "Invalid Partition Table!"

Hitting enter there let's it move into an option to boot to the partition... Then it's hanging at IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device...

• Moderators

Ok, I let the system automatically reboot itself this time instead of jumping the gun. It still reboots (with the USB stick OUT) into "Invalid Partition Table!"

Hitting enter there let's it move into an option to boot to the partition... Then it's hanging at IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device...

Sounds like myHack didn't fully complete before rebooting. Boot with your USB Installer with -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

On the OSX Installer screen, select Utilities, then myHack. Install Chameleon and then run myfix(full).

Believe it or not mine did the same thing (E6520) until I removed my NIC, then the system installed correctly and rebooted successfully.  I ended up replacing the embedded NIC that worked on OSX 10.7.x with the one in my SIG and that has worked ever since even on 10.9.

Don't know if that is your problem but it might be worth a try to remove it and install.

Oh the -v is verbose boot mode. Basically tells you wants happening during boot up. I am booting with that flag set in chameleon wizard otherwise I seem to kernel panic......  :-o

GraphicEnabler=No is usually for Intel or AMD booting? I think.  :oops:

And I forget what the npci=0x3000 I forget.....  :shock: