Mavericks on M4300

madmax

Hi All,

I tried to install Maverics on my m4300 using MyHack.

To create the USB Stick was as easy as usual. Many thanks for the great work.

After the install finished it does not restart. ( I read that this is mostly not restarting )

But all went well and it boots well after I installed chameleon with the latest version.

I do not get sound support in Mavericks. OK, I thought I need to install EDP anyway.

And that causes issues. EDP needs to downlad svn or something from apple before ist does open at all.

Once I choose the model etc, EDP fails to load the window with status updates etc. I needed to kill EDP and reboot.

But from then onwards it did not boot and can not be brought to install chameleon again. The only thing that helps is to reinstall mavericks.

But I can not update the drivers using EDP.

What did I do wrong?

Any suggestion?

Please help.

Madmax

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

EDP probably got the laptop to download Xcode, it's happened to me before with Mavericks. However, after that, you should be able to install EDP and do your System Build. I would suggest you retry the whole EDP process and report back again.

Hi,

OK I have reinstalled Mavericks and all as before.

I ndownloaded EDP and installed it. It called to install additional software. I chose to install xcode. Once that finished I tried to run edp which failed.

I reinstalled EDP and it opend OK. I chose the model etc and clicked on do build.

Then it taked one minute or 2 and the notebook freezes. I hat do hard reset the Notebook. From then onwards the notebook does not boot anymore. Only way to fix that is is reinstall Mavericks....

Do you have a suggestion?

Do I have to install xcode or something else for EDP`?

Please advise.

Madmax

Hi,

OK I have reinstalled Mavericks and all as before.

I ndownloaded EDP and installed it. It called to install additional software. I chose to install xcode. Once that finished I tried to run edp which failed.

I reinstalled EDP and it opend OK. I chose the model etc and clicked on do build.

Then it taked one minute or 2 and the notebook freezes. I hat do hard reset the Notebook. From then onwards the notebook does not boot anymore. Only way to fix that is is reinstall Mavericks....

Do you have a suggestion?

Do I have to install xcode or something else for EDP`?

Please advise.

Madmax

Just to add my problems to the mix:

I have gotten EDP to work and do a build, but when I restart it goes into a loop and says the mach_kernal does not exist.

Hi,

What are the options selected at config page for building (or) you went with default values for every thing?

Hi,

What are the options selected at config page for building (or) you went with default values for every thing?

I've tried shutting a few things off and I've tried the default. Same outcome.

Also, when I select to boot the myhack install disk, rather than going to the install screen, it will go to my Mavericks log in screen.

It works!

Here's what I did.

I loaded my time machine backup. The machine will restart. Using the MyHack pen, I choose the Maverick drive, it said it "cannot find - hit any key" I then select MyHack install. It begins to boot and ends up at the Maverick setup screen. Fill in the information and it will open to the desktop.

Open the HDD. I then re-named the existing boot file, boot1, so I could re-name the boot from my old mac, boot. Then threw boot1 in the trash (Keeping my ML boot file)

I did the same re-name and trash on the Extra folders (Keeping my ML Extra folder).

Ran MyFix (full) and got a KP. Restarted machine and everything works!