Mavericks on M4300

madmax

Hi,

as I installed chameleon I noticed that this called for developer tools. So I cancelt the download and said that I will do that later.

Once don I finished chameleon install and booted from the HDD with the fresh Mav install. The nUSB Stick is not connected.

Maybe that helps

Madmax

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

It seems to work.

I have updated the MyHack version (previous 3.2b8. Now 3.3) and recreated the Install USB stick with Maverics. I did not copy the bootpack but used the generic one.

Maverics installed well. It did even reboot at the end of the install process.

The new Maverics HDD (brand new HTE541515A9E630 1,5 TB) booted OK and I could go thru the steps to finalize the installation.

I have downloaded the latest SDP and ran the installer. EDP called again to download a whatever command thing (sorry) from apple.

After that (apple software) finished EDP did not open. I needed to install EDP again ontop of the first one.

Then I could obsereve that more files were installed. EDP could then open and I choose the Brand and Model of my notebook and hit "do build".

The process starts but at the end it freezes the Notebook.

I had to hardreset the notebook with the powerbutton.

After it booted it shows that all nessecary kext were installt ethernet, Audio, Microphone, is there. Wifi is there as I have a apple branded card. Sleep works as well.

I will check out, if I have DVD support, later today. That was a problem that I had in the past.

I ll keep you updated.

Madmax

I also did a new install on a "spare" HDD. Everything went real smooth. I also had to download the developer's software, which by the way, Chameleon Wizard also requires. Anyway, so things went great till I restarted after finishing with EDP. The machine booted fine. I got all the way to the Maverick Log-on and it seems the keyboard wouldn't work. I could point the cursor at the log-on window, select it, but no type would appear.

In EDP I selected SMC - 2 (2nd selection in drop-down), PS2 - 2, Audio - 1, Ethernet - Default, WiFi - Not selected and Battery - Voodoo. Everything else I left to the default.

Tonight I tried different settings in EDP, but same outcome -- couldn't log in. I noticed the number lock is still on. 

I tried again, with same EDP settings as before, but this time I replaced that "boot" (Exec file) with the one from ML and everything worked fine.