Help installing OSX on a Dell D630

Badger

Hello all,

Can anyone help me, a few years a go I installed a very early version of iFail on my Dell D630, it worked fine untill I updated and then it just locked up, anyway I have since tried to load verious OSX loads but keep getting Kernal Panics, can anyone give me any idea how to install OSX on my D630, starting to go nuts now,,,,lol

Thanx for your help.

Brgds.

• Like 1

Hi,

No one here uses iFail or any other altered OSX installation methods to run SL on their machines instead we use generic SL along with the EDP (Extra Driver Packages) to run SL, further more thanks to the flexibility of EDP installing new updates is safe and easy. I would recommend you head on to the Wiki and give it a good read, every thing you need to prepare a bootable USB installer is there. You can find further guidance in the support section specifically dedicated to D 6xxx section, there are a lot of users of D6xxx series.

• Like 1

Can anyone help me, a few years a go I installed a very early version of iFail on my Dell D630, it worked fine untill I updated and then it just locked up, anyway I have since tried to load verious OSX loads but keep getting Kernal Panics, can anyone give me any idea how to install OSX on my D630, starting to go nuts now,,,,lol

No one here uses iFail or any other altered OSX installation methods to run SL on their machines instead we use generic SL along with the EDP (Extra Driver Packages) to run SL, further more thanks to the flexibility of EDP installing new updates is safe and easy. I would recommend you head on to the Wiki and give it a good read, every thing you need to prepare a bootable USB installer is there. You can find further guidance in the support section specifically dedicated to D 6xxx section, there are a lot of users of D6xxx series.

Hi Badger,

welcome to OSXLATITUDE!

Macluscious summarized all you need very well:

- you can find all you need to run SnowLeo in our Wiki and here in the forum

- Wiki is the best starting point, all needed operations for SnowLeo on D630 are described step by step

- please: do not mix installation methods! We can only help you, if you use what we offer and know well

- many D630 users were successful following our guides and using our EDP, you can make it too. No rocket science!

- if you have any questions in regard to D630 and SnowLeo, based on Chameleon and EDP - this community is able and willing to help

Have fun!

Hello there,

Thanx for your reply, I decided to try to use the pre-made image - SLD430USB.img.bz2 image – (torrent attached to post) but unable to find it, any idea where I can find this image.

Brgds.

Hi Badger,

welcome to OSXLATITUDE!

Macluscious summarized all you need very well:

- you can find all you need to run SnowLeo in our Wiki and here in the forum

- Wiki is the best starting point, all needed operations for SnowLeo on D630 are described step by step

- please: do not mix installation methods! We can only help you, if you use what we offer and know well

- many D630 users were successful following our guides and using our EDP, you can make it too. No rocket science!

- if you have any questions in regard to D630 and SnowLeo, based on Chameleon and EDP - this community is able and willing to help

Have fun!