Izoman

Download this mach_kernel: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=131161 - unpack, rename it to "mac_kernel" and put it to the root of your usb drive. Then try to boot again.

If "error loading kernelcache (0xf)" still persists you'd better create another installation drive by the use of real Mac's (or virtual Mac's) DiskUtility:

a) restore BaseSystem.dmg

B) copy Packages folder from InstallESD.dmg to your usb drive /System/Installation.../Packages

c) copy downloaded mac_kernel

Pls google for the procedures of creating OS X installation drive. Nobody will explain it in details 'cause it's standartized.

We use this method because others involve kernelcache which can't be loaded to another kernel which is used to substitute original one.

You probably will face the same when you will ry to boot from manually created RecoveryHD, for example.

• Like 1

Hi,

I used diskmaker x to create a pendrive with mavericks,so I created another pendrive with BootDiskUtility with windows and I  overwrite the efi files,but when I try to start the installer from clover,the screen has flash and the pc return to clover within 1 second

What can I do?

EDIT:

Now I have "error loading kernelcache (0xf)" or "could not open file mac_kernel,error loading  kernel mac_kernel (0xe)

What can I do now?

I had the same problem as you and I logically renamed it mac_kernel.

I manage making 10.9 working on my ASUS N550JV thanks to amokk :-)

As he mentionned to me we must be carrefull until the power problem is not solved. The heat increased so fast in my laptop with the cpus always at 100%.

I recommend 10 min maximum on OS X for testing, installing kext or to try to solve this issue and then turn off the laptop or switch OS.

I am a noob in hackintoshing but I read a lot the past few days and I'll try to help here for making this laptop fully working.

I succeed making my usb stick thanks to Izoman guide.

His first step is simple :

Make a usb stick using option 2 of this guide. Then move mach_kernel to the root of your usb stick and rename it mac_kernel.

I manage now booting on these OS all EFI-compatible on my SSD : Win 8.1, Ubuntu 13.10, Archlinux, OS X 10.9 : so cool !!

NB : I replaced the wifi card when I bought my laptop with a better one : an Intel Network 6235AN.HMWWB. Also not compatible with OS X. If I knew I'd try hackintoshing 2 month later... I should have bought a Broadcomm compatible one instead...

• Like 1

Sorry my guide was not complete, (still isn't but updated now)

++++++++++++++++ RENAME mach_kernel to mac_kernel in your boot of MAC OS partition (installed on hard disk) --> mv mach_kernel mac_kernel

OR +++++

++++++++++++++++ Goto your folder of EFI bootloader(EFI-> CLOVER -> Config.plist) and change mac_kernel to mach_kernel

Booting from usb drive?

Just search for TransMac for Windows and install it, then copy your mac_kernel to the root of usb drive. Or use a virtual machine with OS X.

Important:

Guys, I encourage you to revise your Clover config by omitting "Kernel=mac_kernel" boot option as well as renaming the downloaded mac_kernel back to mach_kernel (rename original mach_kernel to mach_kernel-orig in order avoid its replacement).

As for powermanagement you can find some details beginning from this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/page-3?do=findComment&comment=1964706

As for me, I use patched 10.8.5 AICPUPM.kext + MacBookPro8,3 SMBIOS + the following settings in Clover's config.plist:

<key>DropTables</key>
    <array>
      <dict>
        <key>Signature</key>
        <string>DMAR</string>
      </dict>
      <dict>
        <key>Signature</key>
        <string>SSDT</string>
        <key>TableId</key>
        <string>CpuPm</string>
      </dict>
    </array>
    <key>HaltEnabler</key>
    <true/>
    <key>SSDT</key>
    <dict>
      <key>DropOem</key>
      <true/>
      <key>Generate</key>
      <dict>
        <key>CStates</key>
        <true/>
        <key>PStates</key>
        <true/>
      </dict>
      <key>MinMultiplier</key>
      <integer>8</integer>
      <key>PLimitDict</key>
      <integer>1</integer>
      <key>PluginType</key>
      <integer>0</integer>
    </dict>

Sleep doen't work - laptop wakes up right after "falling asleep". The funny thing is I heard the sound after this sudden wake up while it was absent before I had hit Sleep.

In brief, it's still WIP. Too many things are quick and dirty workarounds unfortunately.

UPD: Please let me know if you find 10.9.1 build or MacBookPro11,2 build available somewhere

Booting from usb drive?

Just search for TransMac for Windows and install it, then copy your mac_kernel to the root of usb drive. Or use a virtual machine with OS X.

Important:

Guys, I encourage you to revise your Clover config by omitting "Kernel=mac_kernel" boot option as well as renaming the downloaded mac_kernel back to mach_kernel (rename original mach_kernel to mach_kernel-orig in order avoid its replacement).

As for powermanagement you can find some details beginning from this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/page-3?do=findComment&comment=1964706

As for me, I use patched 10.8.5 AICPUPM.kext + MacBookPro8,3 SMBIOS + the following settings in Clover's config.plist:

<key>DropTables</key>
    <array>
      <dict>
        <key>Signature</key>
        <string>DMAR</string>
      </dict>
      <dict>
        <key>Signature</key>
        <string>SSDT</string>
        <key>TableId</key>
        <string>CpuPm</string>
      </dict>
    </array>
    <key>HaltEnabler</key>
    <true/>
    <key>SSDT</key>
    <dict>
      <key>DropOem</key>
      <true/>
      <key>Generate</key>
      <dict>
        <key>CStates</key>
        <true/>
        <key>PStates</key>
        <true/>
      </dict>
      <key>MinMultiplier</key>
      <integer>8</integer>
      <key>PLimitDict</key>
      <integer>1</integer>
      <key>PluginType</key>
      <integer>0</integer>
    </dict>

Sleep doen't work - laptop wakes up right after "falling asleep". The funny thing is I heard the sound after this sudden wake up while it was absent before I had hit Sleep.

In brief, it's still WIP. Too many things are quick and dirty workarounds unfortunately.

UPD: Please let me know if you find 10.9.1 build or MacBookPro11,2 build available somewhere

Already done it

If you have Wake from USB enabled in BIOS, try to disable it.

I don't think that there's this option in my BIOS.

However I created the clover drive using a MAC following the video,nothing changed

Thanks for suggestion, Herve (sry for wrong writing of your name but I have no French keyboard  :-P ), it worked!

I've found out that XHCI Pre-Boot should be set to Disabled in BIOS Advanced tab. I have USB: Inject - true, AddClockID - true, FixOwnership - false in my Clover settings if it makes sense.

BTW I decided to use DropOem - false in order to be able to drop selected tables only.

To cut long story short here is revised configuration files for your consideration.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxmvHU43bIiQV3hmOUpxXzQ5ekU/edit?usp=sharing

Still WIP, but one step forward at least.

PS: pls note that you should add MacBookPro8,3 serial in SMBIOS section by yourself. Also I've changed several settings as to removal of Kernel option (I use original "mach_kernel" name now - and backed up default kernel by renaming it too) removal of InjectKexts and NoCaches keys - obviously unnecessary if you know what happens when you highlight your selected OS and hit Space key.

New Clover folder, pls check my next post.