Izoman

Hello,

i am new in this forum. I am from czech republic and i have also the Asus N550JV. It has same specification, only the Geforce 750M has only 2 GB.

I followed every step of installation, i also patched the bios. When starting from Clover Install OSX without caches, the installation starts, when the bluetooth drivers are loaded there is a long time, where nothing goes on. After 5 minutes the Apple Logo comes up, for a short time i see the mouse pointer in the upper left corner, then it turns to the circling "ball of death".

Nothing more happens. I tried different boot parameters like -x -f IntelAzulFB=1. The patched mach_kernel i copied to the root of the installation medium and renamed it to mac_kernel.

Any idea, how i can get to installation screen?

Many thanks to amokk, you did a great work to get Mavericks to this notebook.

Turms

did you try different configs of IntelAzulFB= 1 through 11

This won't work with Clover, IntelAzulFB option is for Chameleon. In Clover one should use ig-platform-id option. Anyway the newest files contain custom DSDT so graphics issues are over now.

Link to the latest N550JV config files.

No need in custom kernel (which I called mac_kernel previously).

Just create installation media, install Clover there and replace its directory with mine.

The only bug for now is no sound before sleep when one boots from Windows. Also no brightness control before display sleep.

Many thanks to Vincent who helped me A LOT.

• Like 1

I successfully installed mavericks with the lastest clover and lastest amokk's config files (thanks amokk!!)

Now what should I do? What I need to change?

What's about audio? I tried to install the voodoohda kext but he can't find the audio device

What's about brightness? Battery level?

Also if I decide to change the wifi+bluetooth card ,can I use the Broadcom BCM43225HMB? what I will need to do after installing this device? will it work in windows?

Thanks a lot

Little update:

I successfully fixed audio :

1. Installing VoodooHDA.prefPane

2. Installing the kext using kext wizard

3. Rebooting the PC

But I don't know how to fix battery,brightness,etc..

EDIT:

Also fixed battery indicator using Voodoo Battery

What's about brightness and cpu clock? I saw that the clock is set to 3.2ghz with 70°C temp!!

Little update:

I successfully fixed audio :

1. Installing VoodooHDA.prefPane

2. Installing the kext using kext wizard

3. Rebooting the PC

But I don't know how to fix battery,brightness,etc..

EDIT:

Also fixed battery indicator using Voodoo Battery

What's about brightness and cpu clock? I saw that the clock is set to 3.2ghz with 70°C temp!!

Hey it's been long time I checked this forum.

For brightness I use this: https://itunes.apple.com/be/app/brightness-slider/id456624497?mt=12

For cpu clock: I havent't succeeded in getting full working native powermanagement. But what I find strange is 70 °C on 3.2 Ghz  :P I was getting more like 50-60 °C.

Anyway, I just used an patched AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext but the problem is that the clock speed stays at 0.8Ghz. Still the pc is fast enough, not lagging, battery friendly, BUT unfortunately it can't get higher clock speed.

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/197-appleintelcpupowermanagement-kext-10-9-dp1/

• Like 1

I was absent a lot of time so I didn't follow all the topic.

Amokk said : "No need in custom kernel" -> I still have to replace the stock mach kernel to boot :-(

Thanks to Vincent and Amokk for the DSDT ! But from which BIOS version did you extract and fix it ? (I'm on BIOS 207) 

Oh and I update to 10.9.1 without any problem (the update did not replace the mach_kernel) so if somemone was waiting, he can update right now :-)