Izoman

thanks for the kexts now my sub work..but i have 2 problem...when i play music with itunes my finder freeze and i need to shutdown the pc and second with clover directly from bios the keyboard's backlight doesn't work but installing clover in os x partition and using this clover it work... and..you have iCloud,FaceTime and iMessage working?

and thanks for the reply :)

hello everyone,

i've installed os x 10.9 and after 10.9.1 on my n550jv-cm159h using niresh's mavericks and the amokk's clover zip and other kext find in this and other topic...everything work except iCloud,iMessage and FaceTime..do you know how to fix this problem?

thanks

did you manage to fix sleep as well?

• Moderators

thanks for the kexts now my sub work..but i have 2 problem...when i play music with itunes my finder freeze and i need to shutdown the pc and second with clover directly from bios the keyboard's backlight doesn't work but installing clover in os x partition and using this clover it work... and..you have iCloud,FaceTime and iMessage working?

and thanks for the reply :)

Try this 

How?

@amok can you be more specific? what kexts need edit? also can you specific the name of the kext and what it is supposed to do?thanks ;)

Well, assumed you've read the thread I linked to (next to the link to kexts) you should have no questions regarding dsdt. Anyway, kext which won't work w/o editing dsdt is Asus FN keys kext. You have to edit dsdt if you want to see keyboard lights, screen backlight control and correct Fn-keys processing at all.

And that's not that difficult. Instead you can use foreign dsdt provided in my Clover archive if you don't want to mess with ediing your own dsdt, but be ready to face problems 'cause the use of foreign dsdt is not a good choice too (i.g. you can face some issues caused by OperationRegion). However, ATM I'm trying to implement binary dsdt patches with Clover. For now, I have figured out how to fix KBD lights, screen backlight control, and battery. But I have no idea how to fix sleep problem and I'm planning to study this matter. So as soon as I fix sleep I will provide binary patches for Clover and from that time there won't be any reason to use pre-edited dsdt.

As for the second question asked here... Yes I have iCloud iMessage etc working. My counterquestion: can you successfully pass the check on Apple site?

If not, then your SMBIOS is wrong and you have to use correct serial number. If you can pass but you have issues anyway check if you have Apple ID and credit card binded with your ID. A good option is to boot with Chameleon, write down system UUID and put it to Clover's config. Read Clover's manual!

• Like 1