Mavericks on E6410 with Intel HD graphics

Hervé

Hi guys.

I also got my E6410 with Intel HD Graphics to run Mavericks following exactly the Tutorial from patel4prez (thanks by the way).

Sadly I can't get 2 things to work:

1) External VGA

2 Dual Boot with Windows 7

my questions:

1) Any chance to get VGA to work at all?

2) There's any extra tutorial compatible with from Patel’s to get dual booting to work?

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have any experience with using dual monitors using the E6410 on Intel graphics?  I have two Dell P2210s and I'm trying to get both monitors working.  It seems only one of them works.  My E6410 is in a docking station which has two DVI ports and one VGA port.  I have tried using both DVI ports as well as using one DVI port and one VGA port.  The second monitor is not detected.  When I go to System Preferences -> Displays, only one monitor shows there.

Also, secondary to that topic is the display resolution.  Is there a way to set the display resolution to 1680 X 1050?  I tried editing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file in the /Extra folder.  The best I could get so far is 1440 X 900.  I used this setting:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1440x900x32</string>

When I set it to something higher, the resolution doesn't seem to change -- even after rebooting and setting it in the System Preferences.

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance!

Might be a dumb question, but are you booting the machine with the lid closed?

The laptop will only drive one screen with the lid open, but two with it closed, as that's all the graphics card can support.

The lid is closed.  It's in my docking station for the E6410 and the lid is closed.  Is there anything else I need  to do?  I would imagine the laptop display turns off when I close the lid, but who knows.  I'll check that on Monday when I get into the office.  Thanks!

If you see the Dell logo/POST when booting the machine on one of the screens, then that means the display is in fact being output to at least one screen. If you don't see the logo, then perhaps you have a setting enabled/disabled in the BIOS that needs to be changed.

It is working on one screen.  It's just not detecting the second screen for some reason.  Not sure why.  I have the laptop closed, in a docking station with both monitors plugged into the DVI ports (there are two on this docking station).  I also tried one DVI port for the one monitor that displays already, and one VGA port for the second monitor that wasn't displaying with the second DVI port.  It only displayed to the DVI port monitor as well.