Mavericks on E6410 with Intel HD graphics

Hervé

Unfortunately, I have some bad news too.

The reason why things like sleep and the monitor switching used to work before is because the computer didn't have any recollection of a graphics card/there were no drivers. It won't wake up (I'm guessing here) because it can't restart/bring the graphics card back up.

This is (for the most part) because of the nonexistent LVDS connector in the Intel E6410 as well as some edits that need to be made to the DSDT. The DSDT can help with the sleep and maybe with the dual displays; I'm not very knowledgeable about DSDT edits, which is why I can't get certain things to work on other machines. 

Which brings us to the bad news :( . Since only CI will work on the Intels, it all comes down to a choice. You can either keep CI and have full resolution on one monitor at a time without sleep, or revert back to a system with working sleep without full resolution on the second monitor (no graphics driver/CI).

Maybe someone more experienced with such an issue can prove my assumptions wrong, however this has been the most abundant answer I have found in my research. 

Hi,

Hoping someone can advise on how best to try and figure out my install. I have a E6410 with the intel graphics card. Followed the main guide and used the intel patch in this thread to updated my usb, but am stalling quite quickly. I get as far as the screen with the install lion option and then I get (what I assume is a kernel panic) and an image which appears to be telling me to turn my computer off.  

I formatted my drive to GPT so am not using the MBR patch, I have enabled ACHI and turned off the VT option mentioned in the install guide.

Any suggestions on how best to proceed great fully received!

Xombi

• Moderators

Hi,

Hoping someone can advise on how best to try and figure out my install. I have a E6410 with the intel graphics card. Followed the main guide and used the intel patch in this thread to updated my usb, but am stalling quite quickly. I get as far as the screen with the install lion option and then I get (what I assume is a kernel panic) and an image which appears to be telling me to turn my computer off.  

I formatted my drive to GPT so am not using the MBR patch, I have enabled ACHI and turned off the VT option mentioned in the install guide.

Any suggestions on how best to proceed great fully received!

Xombi

Bootpack is for Mavericks, not Lion, or am I reading it wrong?

sorry for the delay getting back to you, thanks for the response. Ill give this a go and try again. I actually tried unifail as well but didn't get anywhere with that and figured as this is a more specific forum I would try here. I hope thats all I need but if not I will be back :)

Hi,

Sadly still struggling, I suspect its something small im misunderstanding. When I try and install in normal mode this is the image I get (this is before I get asked anything about language etc).

Any suggestions? any info you need on my specs, that I haven't mentioned yet?

Hope to hear back, if I can get this working happy to donate :)

post-55154-0-28974300-1396045872_thumb.jpg

post-55154-0-87952300-1396045874_thumb.jpg

Hello all, 

Just wanted to let you know about the new guide update. It has been updated to reflect the following:

• All fixes to date are included
  • VoodooPS2Keyboard Kernel Panics on first boot are gone
  • No more Post Installation steps required!
  • Installer creation has been slightly simplified.