How to increase the VRAM for NV Quadro 135m

xworm

I've upgraded to 10.9, but graphics performance is too bad.  the OSX report only 128M onboard VRAM,I was wondering if it possible to increase the VRAM like the TC technology under windows(the 135m can have up to about 512M or so)

I've read some posts that using natit.kext can make that, but it also refers to Geforce.kext, of which the mod can't be achieved due to some entry lost in 10.9.

Any idea? 

• Administrators

Ok, I understand better now, I thought you were asking about increasing the on-board video memory which is not possible.

Anyway, if performance is not great, it's unlikely to be due to unsufficient Video memory, but more to non-optimum platform profile settings. I recommend that you read the article about "Performance Tuning with FakeSMC" in the Articles pages of the web site and adjust your laptop's settings accordingly.

I can tell you that I do not experience any particularly poor performance on my D630 nVidia 135M with FakeSMC v5.2.678, SMC id set at 1.33f8 and SMBIOS profile set as MacBook Pro5,1. We tested this profusely a few months ago and reached top optimal performance, including graphics performance.

On 64bit Mavericks 10.9, you may actually use any recent release of Kozlek's FakeSMC kext + HWMonitor app. Be cautious as the downloaded package will install the FakeSMC kext (with plugins inside) in /S/L/E. You need to move that back to /E/E and re-run myFix (full) for the kext to be used subsequently after reboot.

Ok, I understand better now, I thought you were asking about increasing the on-board video memory which is not possible.

Anyway, if performance is not great, it's unlikely to be due to unsufficient Video memory, but more to non-optimum platform profile settings. I recommend that you read the article about "Performance Tuning with FakeSMC" in the Articles pages of the web site and adjust your laptop's settings accordingly.

I can tell you that I do not experience any particularly poor performance on my D630 nVidia 135M with FakeSMC v5.2.678, SMC id set at 1.33f8 and SMBIOS profile set as MacBook Pro5,1. We tested this profusely a few months ago and reached top optimal performance, including graphics performance.

On 64bit Mavericks 10.9, you may actually use any recent release of Kozlek's FakeSMC kext + HWMonitor app. Be cautious as the downloaded package will install the FakeSMC kext (with plugins inside) in /S/L/E. You need to move that back to /E/E and re-run myFix (full) for the kext to be used subsequently after reboot.

OK, thanks.  I'll have a try. 

BTW, I'm using FakeSMC 5.3.1100, SMBIOS has been set to MBP3,1 which I think the most similar model with D630.

• Administrators

OK, thanks.  I'll have a try. 

BTW, I'm using FakeSMC 5.3.1100, SMBIOS has been set to MBP3,1 which I think the most similar model with D630.

No, use MBP5,1 SMBIOS. MBP3,1 won't work. Please follow instructions.

Great!

I've followed the guide, and the graphics performance looks much better now. 

But something confused is my D630 has a T7500 CPU, I think it is most similar to a MBP3,1 , why the MBP5,1 got a better performance?

Anyway, thanks guys!