e6230 - i5 - HD 4000

hol64

Hi,

I was able to install MAC OS X 10.8 with myhack and extra package from the e6230 i7 bootable.

I downloaded and installed EDP but havent run the configuration yet.

I still dont have audio, camera, trackpad working. I am guessing once I apply EDP build these will get fixed. 

Before I do the EDP build is there anything I can do so if something goes wrong I can go back?

Which EDP build should I run? E6230 i7? my 6230 has an i5 processor.

Finally, can I just update to 10.8.5 or do i have to do another myhack with 10.8.5 on it?

Please advise,

Thanks!

I have a 6230 i5, but I used the i7 EDP.

I'm failing to remember what kext I used for the trackpad and keyboard... Some didn't work. unfortunately my notes are at home. If you just make sure you have a usb keyboard and mouse, you can experiment (that's what I had to do)

• Moderators

Hi,

I was able to install MAC OS X 10.8 with myhack and extra package from the e6230 i7 bootable.

I downloaded and installed EDP but havent run the configuration yet.

I still dont have audio, camera, trackpad working. I am guessing once I apply EDP build these will get fixed. 

Before I do the EDP build is there anything I can do so if something goes wrong I can go back?

Which EDP build should I run? E6230 i7? my 6230 has an i5 processor.

Finally, can I just update to 10.8.5 or do i have to do another myhack with 10.8.5 on it?

Please advise,

Thanks!

You could use the bootpack and guide here for E6430. It's for an i5-3320M. If you have different CPU, just leave out the SSDT's.

Once build and rebooted successfully, you can go ahead and upgrade to 10.8.5 without issue. You might get an Install Failed error, but you could check that it did install. 

If you want to try Mavericks, I just created a new guide here. Tested on both E6430 and E6230.

OK, I can confirm the guide in the post above works on a 6230. I don't have a DVD drive or a higher resolution, so it was a matter of building my usb installer with the attached extras folder in that post. Once I rebooted after installation, everything just worked. I couldn't believe it.

The only thing I'm working on now is rebranding my DW1540 (WiFi) to see if I can get it to work.

All the hard work done by the entire crew, especially JL for making this essentially a one step process for me is extremely appreciated.