D830 Mavericks install issues

el_caboing

Ok,

So I have a D830 with the nVidia graphics card.  I had ML installed on it.  I created a new usb bootable install with myhack 3.3 and a download of Mavericks.  I downlioaded the bootpack for 10.0 and my system, used myhack to install the /Extra directory, then ran myfix.  I installed a new hd in the laptop, boot up to the usb and get the option of booting from the myhack image I created.  I select it and pretty much nothing happens.  A few lines at the top left corner then comes back to the same boot options.  I tried using he -v option but it didn't show my anything more then not using that option does.  I tried the PCIRootUID=0 and npci=0x2000.  Reasons I tried those was because to get ML installed on the laptop I had to boot with some options but don't remember which ones exactly.  Anyone have any ideas how to get it to at least install?  Thanks in advance.

I'm seeing the same thing with a freshly prepped (with MyHack 3.3) USB stick, app store 10.9 .app, and the Precision M4300 bootpack downloaded today, 10/30/2013. The M4300 is functionally identical to the D830, with just slightly different video (same chip as the NVS140M, I believe, different firmware causes it to report as FX360M, OS X sees it as an 8400M GS).

The message that flashes by is too quick to capture, but I'll try to video it.....

[uPDATE]

The message is 'Mach-O file has bad magic number'

Thread URL on this forum is https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/3065-mach-o-file-has-bad-magic-number-installing-mavericks/

but I'm seeing this booting from the install USB stick itself.  Chameleon version is 2266, which is probably the current version in EDP (this install USB was built today, with the 10/27 build of the bootpack and MyHack 3.3).

[uPDATE]

Making a new installer USB on a stick that I've successfully used several times, with SL, Lion, and ML.  Will report back.....

[Reporting back]

Nope, the stick I've successfully used in the past does exactly the same thing.

Bootpack could have an erroneous Chameleon boot plist set for 32bit kernel mode. Try to boot with option: arch=x86_64.

This works for me.  (I still see the 'every other boot or so black screens' issue I've had since getting this M4300, but that's a different thread).  Adding arch=x86_64 allowed the boot from USB to proceed, and, after a while, the installer came up (on the second boot, but, again, that's a different thread).

I thought this was fixed, but was it not in the bootpack?  Or is there a regression?

Ok, finally had a chance to install it yesterday.  All seemed to go good until my first boot to the new os.  I booted with -v got all the way to selecting my language, but unfortunately the scroll pad doesn't work and the usb mouse that I then tried to plug into it doesn't work.  Any ideas?