Trying to follow Jake on 6430

e30cabrio

Hello, thanks for the great forum!

I followed Jake's great write up as far as I could and am getting errors. My problem I assume is due to the inability to find the extra referenced in step 2.

• After creating your USB installer, run myHack again
  • Select Install Extra and point to the Extra folder attached (extract it first)
  • Boot up system with USB installer disk with the -v switch (use USB 2.0 port on the left, USB 3.0 ports don't always work)
  • Format the HDD per instruction from myHack
  • Select "Use my Own" when prompt and point to the Extra folder in the root of the USB installer drive
  • Delete the 3 files when prompt
  • You'll get an Install Failed error towards the end, that's fine, restart the computer. Remove the USB installer drive
  • Complete the customization ( if you get Invalid Partition Table during boot - just hit enter - more info below to remove the error)
  • Install 10.8.4 Combo update

When I just run the installer I get this:

hangingapple_zps958e471b.jpg

The installer hangs there.

When I use -v flag, I get this:

-verror_zpsd01bd565.jpg

Here is my system info:

sys_zpsb1d50ddd.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by Hervé

• Moderators

I edited the post to put the attachment next to step 2, you should see it there now.

Looking at your specs, I believe you have an E6430/E6530 with Nvidia Discrete Graphics (aka Optimus). You need to go to the BIOS, under Video and disable Optimus in order to successfully build this system.