Mavericks on Dell Precision 490

rjjd

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Start with the Generic one and build from there; but I'm pretty sure Rosmaniac could share his /Extra with you.

Herve,

I can, but I'm not sure how much it will help, since it's for Snow Leopard.  It will take me a bit, since getting the /Extra from an AppleRAID system isn't quite as straightforward as a non AppleRAID system (hidden helper partitions).

But now I'm intrigued about trying this myself; just need to get a couple of drives and pull the old 10.6.8 system drives out for testing....

rjjd,

You'll need to get a video card that' supported by Mav first.

Ok, the /Extra from my boot USB made by Hackinstaller for the P690

Do note that this /Extra was made for 10.6.0 retail DVD; there are changes required to get it to work with a 10.6.3 retail DVD.  But perhaps something here will help you out.

There are further changes required to get it to work with 10.6.8; stepwide updating to 10.6.2, then to 10.6.3, then 10.6.7, and finally 10.6.8 was required, with minor adjustments to the /Extra each time.  I'm not where the 690 that I have running is right at the moment, but this is the boot USB's /Extra that I originally used to do the install.

extra-sl-p690-2.zip

Hi first attempt with the my hack 3.3.1 and an generic bootpack failed ( see attachment)  Any idea what i can use for bootpack? 

i removed the nvidia card and places and ati 2600 xt MAC compatible card so that cannot be the problem. Removal of one of the two hard disk perhaps?

Greetz 

post-4953-0-97836000-1384772571_thumb.jpg

Hi all, Status now is I created two myhack usb sticks:  one with ML installed using an EXTRA file from Rosmaniac earlier in this topic.. I also created an usb stick with Mavericks with the same EXTRA.  Both installations are going well without any problems or error messages.. When i tried to boot the system normally i get an grey screen with an spinning star and after that an stop sign  , So that is not good..  When i tried to boot, using the usb stick selecting the SSD drive and use flag -v -x   i can boot the system  however i end in the safe modus.. and then i see the desktop of ML or mavericks..

I made an screendump of the extensions installed on the system ( mavericks) and the *.plist  for more info..  

For me i would be very nice if i can get the system boot normally without delays and not with the safe mode option activated. I do not now how to solve this and need experts for this :)  If i have to provide you with specific info please tell me  because i am on an dead end.. Sorry

post-2235-0-21304400-1384768682_thumb.jpg

Extra.zip

• Administrators

You appear to use quite a minimal set of kexts in your bootpack, so minimal chances of going wrong at the moment. You could maybe try without the NullCPUPowerManagement.

Could you advise on the version of FakeSMC you use? Older version v4.0 shouild work fine, but you may get a better result with one of Kozlek's recent ones. We've published several copies of 32/64bit v5.2.678 on the forum (I'm sure I put one in the Vostro200 guide).