Mavericks on Dell Precision 490

rjjd

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since my /Extra was for 10.6.0, it has, if I remember correctly, a specialized IOATAFamily for PIIX support (I don't have access to the tree at the moment to give details on that, but will update here when I do).  The need (and advisability) to have this (to support the PATA DVD drives) goes away in 10.6.3, and so I would think this kext would cause such an issue as you see.  But I reserve the right to be wrong.

I really need to get you a copy of what i have for 10.6.8; that will be closer than what works for 10.6.0.

Thanks any help is appreciated and needed . I will test everything with  hopefully aan good outcome.  I still need to boot with usb stick and flag -V  even when i tried this morning to use the chameleon wizard and update chameleon 2266  checked if SSD drive is the boor drive, and run MyFix Full   and checked in Disk Utility the permissions ( witch were corrected by the way )  

I still must use the usb stick an flag -V :( 

Main concern is the bootloader and every thing to increase the performance will be appreciated 

Greets..

Small status update

Wheni boot the system with usb stick and select my  mavericks sad drive,  i do not have to use the -v flag anymore. Just selecting ssd and desktop boot all the way quit fast..  But still needing usb stick for boot 

When i tried to boot normally using flag -v -x i am able to boot in safe mode and login

Whin i  tried to boot normally using flag -v  the script stops by message -still waiting for root device-

Hi major break true ( also for me ) I manage to get the system  up an running.  First i disabled both PATA drives who were being used by two DVD - DVD writer players..   I saw that the bios settings changed and perhaps that made it possible to make the SSD data drive bootable.  No problem what so ever now. I also replaced the present DSDT file  installed on the desktop.. I  replaced that one by another one witch i downloaded from an site ( i think insalecmac ) from an installation of ML on an Precision 690. Everything works fine now (YES)  I also installed the audio kext ( voodoo) so audio also works.  Leaving me only one question -- is the installation 100% succeeded?    Is there away to check if everything  is fully operational ? 

Greets..:)