Latitude E6400 compatibility

manya2000

Why is the E6400 listed as not being compatible?

I had OS X 10.8.2 running really good for a long time now.

Is it possible to upgrade to 10.8.5? How about 10.9?

Because people are leaving important details out. Some e6400s use Intel Duo core and some use Centrino 2. Some e6400s use Intel graphics and some use Nvidia.

I tried to point this out and mentioned that the guides "should" tell which processors they're for and got shot down for it. LOL, the most important detail and they don't wanna use it :)

Because people are leaving important details out. Some e6400s use Intel Duo core and some use Centrino 2. Some e6400s use Intel graphics and some use Nvidia.

I tried to point this out and mentioned that the guides "should" tell which processors they're for and got shot down for it. LOL, the most important detail and they don't wanna use it :)

You guys bring up valid points about listing the specs for the guides, so even though most of the required specs are already listed I'll do my part and update my guides to make them a bit clearer.

The difference is between Intel and Nvidia graphics. Centrino 2 refers to the overall platform, which consists of Intel Core or Core 2 Duos (Core 2 Duo in this case), an Intel chipset and Intel WiFi. The only issue with the Centrino 2 (or Centrino Duo) that impacts us is the WiFi card, as all Intel cards are incompatible with OSx. The compatibility problem is with the graphics. The Intel graphics in these are NOT compatible with OSx, hence no CI/QE. None of the E6400/E6500's use CoreDuo processors, which have a smaller L2 cache and are slower that the Core2Duo's. I will ask if we can show these on the compatibility page, leaving the decision about listing the model with Intel Graphics to those who oversee that section.