Lenovo tablet ThinkPad X201T

Statue

I am looking for some help installing OSX on a Lenovo ThinkPad X201T. 

It has the same first gen 2.0GHz i7 mentioned in the X201s guide.

4GB RAM
250GB HDD, but I would like to install OSX on 64GB SDCard

Intel HD Graphics

1280 x 800 resolution

I have tried these methods with these results:

iFail_ML2: Booted to installation UI without problems. Install always failed.

unifail Mountain Lion: I removed IntelHD kexts and booted with npci=0x2000 to get it to the installation UI. Install always failed or got stuck or something like that. 

MyHack Lion: Did the same as unifail to get it to boot to installation UI (remove IntelHD and npci=0x2000). Install always failed. 

Is the tablet version just un-Hackintoshable?

What do I need to do to get Lion or Mountain Lion on this computer?

• Administrators

Hi,

Actually.. your model is more like this one.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284096-intel-hd-graphics-0x00468086-qeci-on-lenovo-x201/page-2

I suggest you :

1. Setup a thread for your model here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/forum/124-models-under-research-for-edp/
  2. Use a combination of our work and link above
  3. Work with us to make it work and bring in your model in EDP :)

Hi,

Actually.. your model is more like this one.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284096-intel-hd-graphics-0x00468086-qeci-on-lenovo-x201/page-2

I suggest you :

Actually, Leon, if the videocard is 0046:8086, we already have my driver for that. Will take right away.

-Seige

I tried to install 10.9 on my X201 following the guide, but I couldn't boot into the Mavericks HDD partition.

It always got stuck at "kernel[0]: flow_divert_kctl_disconnect (0): disconnecting group 1". Mine is not X201s, but X201 with i7 620m. When I boot, I used the following options "-x -v GraphicsEnabler=No".

Does anyone have experience with this error on similar model as mine? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the information!

I don't recall seeing the restart screen. But I did make it to step 9 of the guide "It will ask if you want to remove problematic extensions, choose 3 times yes."

Step 10 says "Now finish the installation and reboot." Does anyone know how long it'll take after clicking the "yes" button three times for the installation to finish and reboot? Will it reboot automatically, or wait until I confirm?

I'll try again tonight and pay close attention to the very last step. 

It didn't reboot automatically for me.  I gave it about 5 minutes to make sure it wasn't doing anything and then powered off manually. 

I then booted from the installer drive and selected OSX disk from the first boot menu. 

Once booted I immediately loaded EDP and installed everything else from it.