D630 EDP stall on Step 6 myFix?

Chris

OK new thread here, since iMick helped me through my problem of getting EDP started at all (redownload EDP, reinstall, redownload EDP, reinstall).

Now EDP starts but appears to stop at Step 6 myFix, at the point the request for donations appears (unless this is a hint? :)

I thought it was done and rebooted but Chameleon is clearly not installed, so I'm thinking EDP isn't quite finished yet....I've left it now nearly an hour.  The page keeps refreshing but there's no sign of advancing beyond Step 6.

Thanks,

Chris

I have the nVidia version of D630.

Thanks for the suggestion.   I don't have a bluetooth card. I don't have an Intel wifi, I replaced it with a Dell 'osx' compatible wifi.  I first disabled it, that didn't work.  Then completely removed it, which didn't work either.  I'm still stuck on Step 6.

I'm going to try to install 10.8 and see if that works.

Chris

Just completely reinstalled 10.9 and still get the same problem at Step 6.  I did discover something else odd, however.  If I'm reading the instructions correctly, after I install OSX using myHack (but before the Apple configuration stage, time zone and Apple ID, etc.), the computer should boot up on its own, without the USB.  Mine does not do this, I need the USB to boot.   So perhaps the problem is not with EDP but with the installer?

So I installed 10.8.4 and it's actually less usable than 10.9, the trackpad jumps all over the place.

But I did manage to run EDP and it also seems to hang on Step 6.

ALTHOUGH, I was looking at the screenshots in the instructions and it seems like Step 6 is the final step...and it does end with the donation request.  Is this correct?

So I'm going to reinstall 10.9 and then install Chameleon.  I have a basically usable system except for the fact that I have no sound.

Can someone tell me what the basic kext is for sound for the D630?  Shouldn't I be able to manually install that single kext to get sound since EDP doesn't seem to be working for me?

Thanks.

Thanks Bronxteck,

I installed voodoohda 2.8.1 with KextHelper b7 and I have sound.  The touchpad works reasonably, but it could be better. Do you know by chance which kext I should install for the touchpad?  Thanks...if I can optimize the touchpad, I'll be done.

EDIT: actually the trackpad is working ok.  So no need to add another kext.  Anyone coming here with problems regarding EDP finishing on the D630 can definitely contact me.  My machine may not be optimized, but it works.