Need help with Optiplex 780 and 960 audio in OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Grim Reaper

I successfully installed Mavericks on an Optiplex 780 and 960 (I posted the method for the 960 in the OSX86 Wicki).  I am trying to get audio working with the internal speaker but I haven't had any success with finding a ready-made solution such as VoodooHDA of which I've tried various versions.  I am interested in hacking AppleHDA but don't know the faintest about how to do it.  The Optiplex 780 and 960 are virtually identical in hardware, they both use the AD1984a chip.  I've found some guides to hacking AppleHDA but, apparently, they are out-of-date due to changes with AppleHDA in Mavericks.  Does anyone have a hacked AppleHDA or VoodooHDA that works with Mavericks and the AD1984a so that the internal speaker works.  If not, can someone guide me through how to hack AppleHDa to do it?  Thanks.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I successfully installed Mavericks on an Optiplex 780 and 960 (I posted the method for the 960 in the OSX86 Wicki).  I am trying to get audio working with the internal speaker but I haven't had any success with finding a ready-made solution such as VoodooHDA of which I've tried various versions.  I am interested in hacking AppleHDA but don't know the faintest about how to do it.  The Optiplex 780 and 960 are virtually identical in hardware, they both use the AD1984a chip.  I've found some guides to hacking AppleHDA but, apparently, they are out-of-date due to changes with AppleHDA in Mavericks.  Does anyone have a hacked AppleHDA or VoodooHDA that works with Mavericks and the AD1984a so that the internal speaker works.  If not, can someone guide me through how to hack AppleHDa to do it?  Thanks.

Have you seen this guide. Looks like he's using voodooHDA 2.6.2.

Yes, I used the VoodooHDA 2.6.2 from that guide.  I installed Mavericks a bit differently but used the other information and files from there.  Some of the inputs and outputs work but not the internal speaker.  I've been looking all over the internet and there's information about hacking AppleHDA and VoodooHDA for ALC  but not for AD audio.  Do you know of any?