Just bought Dell M4300

Bobert01

hi guys an girls

im going bonkers here now as its not working...

im on a Dell Precision M4300

3GB Ram

2.4Gh'z

500GB HDD - 2 MBR partitions of exactly half the drive

1 for win 7 hp and 1 for osx

i have looked about but none has posted how they have booted the installer up

i have read that people say or believe this: "The M4300 really is like a D830 with a more professional GPU; that's about the only difference. So, easy and nice Hackintosh with the right CPU."

etc

but i cannot get to the installer screen with mavericks 10.9 app store. i dont mind trying 10.8.x tho ill try that and post back mean time can others help me out abit ?? where am i going wrong

well there is a bootpack here http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/compatibility/ since you have an mbr partition you will need an mbr patch for your installer also. and a mac to create said installer. http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/documentation/

i have the boot pack an i know how to create the installer, the installer is made i just need to know the working boot commands ive tried just -v or a combo of -x -f -v but it all halts in the same place... should i just try a guid install and not mbr ? as i patche the mbr myself before an i think i got it from osx86.net

thank you for your help tho id like to see if i can get osx mav on it .

a HA ! just to edit i had EDP not the boot pack apologies i thought edp was the boot pack but you need to go to compatibility and scroll to your machine and click on the green/white arrows of either 10.6 10.7 10.8 or 10.9 that you want.

thanks again .

okay i created the my hack disk copied over the extra pack thing and it worked ... hung alittle in places but i have used to boot up -v -f

then when i got up to a screen before the languages it asked me about a bluetooth keyboard :S ? i dont have one so i carefully pressed space bar untill it went ..

i then formatted in guid and install mac. it went fine then i rebooted and tried just the internal hdd that failed so i tried booting from my pen drive to boot up to the new install that worked so when at then desktop i copied from the installer then boot pack extra folder over the installed one i then rebooted and now im doing / trying windows 7 SP1 as we speak but before copying the extra over i delete the current one from the internal hdd, then modded the new one with chameleon wizard so that it didnt use -v and so that i had legacy logo ...

will post back

okay i created the my hack disk copied over the extra pack thing and it worked ... hung alittle in places but i have used to boot up -v -f

then when i got up to a screen before the languages it asked me about a bluetooth keyboard :S ? i dont have one so i carefully pressed space bar untill it went ..

i then formatted in guid and install mac. it went fine then i rebooted and tried just the internal hdd that failed so i tried booting from my pen drive to boot up to the new install that worked so when at then desktop i copied from the installer then boot pack extra folder over the installed one i then rebooted and now im doing / trying windows 7 SP1 as we speak but before copying the extra over i delete the current one from the internal hdd, then modded the new one with chameleon wizard so that it didnt use -v and so that i had legacy logo ...

will post back

its all working but windows 7 boot loader is on top of thechameleon boot loader please someone help windows 7 is the only thing booting unless i boot from my usb and select osx that way i have the latest stable gparted can anyone help ? it says boot partition is efi do i need to do this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/22844-how-to-setting-your-partition-active-using-fdisk-in-macosx/

yes i had to do the above i now have osx an win 7 installed on 1 500gb hdd cheers guys an girls thanks again !!

success !! just need the edp or what not .

wifi is AR5418 and AR242x kexts i believe are needed here :/