Retail Lion on D630

Duscrom

What is the best way to install Lion on a D630 with an nVidia GPU?

10.6.7 with an app store upgrade? Copy to flash drive and clean install? What boot loader should I use? Can I install straight from retail "disk" or do I need to hack in KEXTs?

I'm still a bit of a newbie to this.

My D630 is out of commission for the moment Because the 10.6.8 update causes Kernal Panics, so I figured I'd just wait for Lion.

What is the best way to install Lion on a D630 with an nVidia GPU?

10.6.7 with an app store upgrade? Copy to flash drive and clean install? What boot loader should I use? Can I install straight from retail "disk" or do I need to hack in KEXTs?

I'm still a bit of a newbie to this.

My D630 is out of commission for the moment Because the 10.6.8 update causes Kernal Panics, so I figured I'd just wait for Lion.

Hello Duscrom,

We will be releasing EDP 1.9 soon, which should work with 10.6.8. :) Will be releasing EDP 2.0 shortly after, which adds support for Lion.

Hello Duscrom,

We will be releasing EDP 1.9 soon, which should work with 10.6.8. :) Will be releasing EDP 2.0 shortly after, which adds support for Lion.

As we are all eagerly awaiting EDP's new release Conti has released an updated, completely rewritten version of myHack which supports lion and makes a wonderful USB installer.

MyHack 2.0 RC1

You can run that tool and it will build the installer for you and even use your existing Extra directory.

The one issue I had ran across was a DSDT error which I modified the existing so that it works with Lion, which requires adding _UID, Zero under Device (PCI0). Ive attached the modified DSDT

DSDT_SMBIOS_NVIDIA_LION

That also includes the smbios I am using, I would only replace your current one if you are having issues with the current one in EDP.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions don't hesitate