Maverick on Lenovo x201

Maay

• Moderators

okay, got chameleon working again

proceeding with the next steps... (at my own pace, i'm a noob  -_- )

So you're able to install ML with Leon's boot pack?

Can you confirm your maximum display resolution? You could check that in the BIOS too.

Hello Bronxtech, Jake

Yes, making regular images on a separate partition is a sound way to proceed, and i've got into the habit of doing it before any major changes (which is often these days :-)

And yes, Jake, i'm running ML on 1280x800 px on my x201, although with a lot to be fixed yet.

I am currently struggling to get that keyboard working (only the USB keyboard works so far), and to be frank, i don't really know how to proceed (poking around hasn't proved successful so far).

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Maay

err... not really (all it says is that it is PS/2 compatible)... but I have, somehow (don't ask me how, i have no clue...i just played around a bit with EDP :o , rebooted a couple of times), managed to get the keyboard working, and i have sound now too...

so now, i'll need to get wifi working... but that'll be for tomorrow

wifi controller is Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN 2x2 HMC WiFi Adapter (Lenovo)

Thank you Bronxteck. Then that settles it : if I want wifi, i'll need a hackintosh compatible wifi usb key.

My ML x201 runs fairly well. Boot time is rather long and the machine runs a bit hot, hibernation mode is more like a death mode (the USB ports won't wake up after the machine goes to sleep), wifi doesn't work, and it is not Maverick. But it is definitely usable. Thank you guys.

I'll keep you posted if something new pops up, and feel free to ask anything.

• Moderators

Thank you Bronxteck. Then that settles it : if I want wifi, i'll need a hackintosh compatible wifi usb key.

My ML x201 runs fairly well. Boot time is rather long and the machine runs a bit hot, hibernation mode is more like a death mode (the USB ports won't wake up after the machine goes to sleep), wifi doesn't work, and it is not Maverick. But it is definitely usable. Thank you guys.

I'll keep you posted if something new pops up, and feel free to ask anything.

Do you have full QE/CI enabled?

Do you have full QE/CI enabled?

Hello Jake

Apparently not. Doesn't show on system profiler.

I have two graphic controller showing up, Intel GMA4500, and Intel HD Graphics. And for Intel HG Graphics, it says there is no kext loaded (and no QE/CI listed either)

Which is weird because in Extra/Extensions I have :

AppleHDA.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

[edit : rebuilding the cache killed my build... my list of kext isn't to be trusted... :((   ]

oh, and GraphicsEnabler=yes in org.chameleon.boot.plist (Intel HD Graphics don't show up in system profiler if set to =No)

Anyway, I've tested a couple of videos and it was fine (mp2, mp4). Games suck (CSR Racing for example) but I wasn't expecting any substantial performance in 3D either.

The dvd drive (integrated in the dock station of the laptop) seem buggy, but I haven't fully investigated that yet.

• Moderators

Hello Jake

Apparently not. Doesn't show on system profiler.

I have two graphic controller showing up, Intel GMA4500, and Intel HD Graphics. And for Intel HG Graphics, it says there is no kext loaded (and no QE/CI listed either)

Which is weird because in Extra/Extensions I have :

AppleHDA.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

[edit : rebuilding the cache killed my build... my list of kext isn't to be trusted... :((   ]

oh, and GraphicsEnabler=yes in org.chameleon.boot.plist (Intel HD Graphics don't show up in system profiler if set to =No)

Anyway, I've tested a couple of videos and it was fine (mp2, mp4). Games suck (CSR Racing for example) but I wasn't expecting any substantial performance in 3D either.

The dvd drive (integrated in the dock station of the laptop) seem buggy, but I haven't fully investigated that yet.

You should have more than just those 6 kext in E/E, i.e. fakesmc, lspci, ...

Are you seeing this in profiler

Screen Shot 2013-11-14 at 2.16.34 PM.png