Maverick on Lenovo x201

Maay

Hello bronxtech

I made a fresh installer : erased disk, freshly downloaded maverick installer app, ran myHack to create the boot disk, again to install the extras, and myfix for good measure.

And I get that error message. There is a long log associated with the error message, I can't make sense of it but maybe that could help you ?

Maay

• Moderators

Hello bronxtech

I made a fresh installer : erased disk, freshly downloaded maverick installer app, ran myHack to create the boot disk, again to install the extras, and myfix for good measure.

And I get that error message. There is a long log associated with the error message, I can't make sense of it but maybe that could help you ?

Maay

Take a look at this thread and see if it's related to your issue.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1651-the-mac-os-x-installation-couldnt-be-completed/

Success !!

But clearly, this is a matter of pure blind incredible luck, more than of art or science.

I have tried a million combination, including :

- changing to a different USB drive, just in case

- using the method described in the link provided by jake above (which basically is to go get the InstallESD inside the Install maverick app)

- re-creating install drives from ML installed on the x201 rather than the one I had on virtualbox

- trying with combinations of the Extra folder that worked on ML, and the Extra folder provided by Jake

- erasing/re-partitioning the USB drive several times, and restarting from scratch...

- applying myFix each time

And at some point, it went through ! I was pretty much amazed that it did, I was ready to give up.

That last build that did it was made on a fresh (re-partitionned, erased) 60gig USB drive, the one that worked for ML (I had another 40gig USB drive, but for some reasons, boot never finished with that one), with the InstallESD.dmg inside the install maverick app, build with myHack on my x201 ML build and not on virtualbox, and with the Extra folder that I had on ML. After the installation was made, I erased the extension folder in Extra, and replaced it with the extensions provided by Jake, applied myFix, rebooted, and voilà ! (and made an image copy, just in case. I'm so happy it works I'm not ready to try any other method any time soon !)

Clearly, there is more to just applying blindly the step by step procedure described on the website, but I would be unable to provide a procedure myself. It's really a matter of trying every possible combination you could think of, and then try them again, in a different order just in case, and then again, and again... until it works.

So i've got an almost fully functional Maverick on my x201 now ! QE/CI is enabled, i have audio, keyboard and trackpoint are working, ... I'm only waiting for my Wifi dongle to test that as well, but there is no reason it shouldn't work

Thank you guys, very much  ^_^

• Moderators

There's many cases mentioned with issues building from Virtualbox. Building the Installer from your running ML and using my boot pack for Mavericks should work without having to use ML boot pack and then replacing.
Anyway, congrats on getting it working. Enjoy.

my latest extra folder...

it works for me, though i can tell from experience that I shouldn't guarantee that it would work for everyone... there is a certain amount of luck in making it work, in finding the right sequence to make it work.

Enjoy

Extra.zip

Hello to everyone

I have succeeded in installing Yosemite on my x201 with another method but using kext from Leon's post. Now I will try to use myHack / EDP because I don't like the other method I have used...

I will let you know how far I can get... I will start with the extra posted here by Maay. Maybe someone here allready has some experience with x201 and yos and can give me a little bit of help?

Thanks

Hello Rosnoun

I'd be interested in knowing both how you installed Yosemite on your x201, and any results on your attemps with myHack 3. I haven't tried on my side yet, as I am waiting for myHack 4 to come out to try, but I'd be interested in following up the progress you make.

Good luck !

Hi all

I have failed to use myhack to install yosemite on x201 but I succeeded with clover!!!

I have a problem and maybe someone can help me with that.

The sleep does not seems to work properly, especially USB does not work after sleep... Note that I am using the DSDT posted on Leon's post on wich I made some further edits for the graphics display.

My problem is when I use the AppleACPIPlatform.kext, the sleep is working better but in that case I don't have the Serial Number displayed on "about this mac". I have seen other post over internet for the same issue. But I don't understand why I need the AppleACPIPlatform. It is supposed to correct boot issue on some motherboard

Maybe I can do some DSDT edits for the sleep to work correctly without the need of kext?

Any idea?

Hello,

sorry I've been away on holidays for the last past 10 days.

No, I will not upload my EFI folder because there are some info in it I can't share since I've experiencing few things lately to try to get iMessages to work, including some test cloning MLB and ROM value from my real mac.

But I could share any other info you would like me to share. I can provide you my DSDT, a sample config.plist, drivers folder... Let me know what you need.

I the mean time, do you have any info regarding my question above?