ML & Lion installation on Dell D620

ravian0006

I am a newbie at this, basically site this was informed to me by university friend who was able to achieve a Hackintosh, as i had the same syste so i had to give it a try. I have DEll D620, 2.0 Ghz core2Dua, 2 GB RAM, 

I followed all the steps correctly, i encountered some errors but after reading in other forums i was able to resolve most of them using flags and files, but at the moment i am stuck at a point where there is little or nothing mentioned on major forums across the net.

I have passsed the DSMOS and stuck at the fist thing i am prompted is following

appleps2alpsglidepoint: Dictionary Object: HIDDefaultParameters value: ??

For some reason, no matter what i do, cant seem to bypass this error, can anyone guide me on this, its been, 8 hours now, since i started....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

A few questions:

• which model do you have: Intel GMA950 graphics or nVidia NVS 110M graphics?
  • which model of wireless card does that D620 have, if any?
  • which version of Mac OS X are you trying to install?
  • which version of myHack are you using?

D620 laptop is one of our earliest Hackintoshed models and installation for supported OS X version is 100% covered and guaranteed with myHack + OSXL bootpack, followed by EDP System Build. You can't normally go wrong, although there can be a bug with latest myHack v3.3.1.

Well 

I have Intel GM945 graphics

I have the standard wifi on that device nothing different,

Iam trying Mac OS X 10.8.5

well actually i kind mixed everything i could get from the internet and forums. and think have not used myHack, 

could you point me to some forum where only Dell D620 questions are mentioned...

• Administrators

We're OSXLatitude, the place for hackintoshing Dell Latitudes... You're at the right place! I've also moved your thread to the correct D6xx section.

There are 2 critical matters that you should be aware of:

1. It is very important to identify your wireless card model: Intel cards are not supported and can cause Kernel Panics when myHack installer boots. Have a look in the BIOS Device Info page: if Intel card, Wifi Device will show "Intel wireless", if Dell-Broadcom card, it'll show "Dell wireless", of other (e.g.: ex-Apple Atheros), it'll show "unknown device installed". If your card turns out to be Intel, you will need to disable wireless in the BIOS or, better, replace your card by a supported model (there's a list in R&D->Hardware->Wifi forum section).
  2. ML is not natively supported by the D620 with Intel graphics because apple dropped support for the GMA950 (=integrated GPU of 945GM chipset) when introducing 10.8. Same goes for nVidia models in fact. However, there's a method for installing ML on your machine, It's all in the EDP->Supported Models with Guides section. Since you have ML 10.8.5 installation app, you'll need to apply MLPF for ML 10.8.4. Follow the described process to the letter and you will get there in less than 1hr. Just don't take any side track.

A few suggestions:

• I would recommend that you read the pinned thread in this very section about BIOS settings and adjust as and where necessary. It's also a good idea to update to latest BIOS (A10) if you're not running it.
  • Check your screen resolution in BIOS Device Info page. That's important to know in order to select the appropriate boot pack (LoRes for 1280x800 LCDs, HiRes for 1440x900 LCDs)
  • Check for presence of Bluetooth module in BIOS Device Info page. Having a Bluetooth module installed can interfere with keyboard/touchpad detection during OS X installation. If you have one installed, disable it in the BIOS until you've completed your OS X installation; you can reactivate it later.

P1020381.JPG

Well I am here again, let me explain the new conditions in details here now, I could not arrange for a MAC to use myHack that fast, so i used VMWare image of MAC and it was possible, everything is going smoothly except for one thing, after everything completes, during the myHack write of USB, the myHack is stuck at

regenerating system caches, it may take some time so be patient..

I was patient enough to let it go through all night for i guess 8 hours or so, but it was still there, am i doing something wrong...

• Administrators

Virtual Machines are often found to be problematic, I'm afraid...

What I could suggest as an alternative, but a working one, is to 1st try to install SL with Nawcom's ModCD. That does not require the need of a Mac or Hack to start with as you can boot Nawcom's imaged installer once restored to CD/DVD. Then, once you're in SL, you can easily make your myHack ML installer.

I've posted several links towards Nawcom's ModCD + detailed installation methods on the forum. Do a search (in the D4xx section for instance) and you'll find what you need.

Hey I am back again, I got some good news and a bad news,

the good news is that i followed the iHack method, and was able to install lion 10.7 on my system, everything went well till after the installation, when it came to desktop i was prompted about the keyboard not connected, i attached a usb keyboard and completed the registration process, with my laptop keyboard, i was able to get to the desktop but after the registration comes the bad news.

The next step was to install the EDP, but as now i found that the EDP needs internet connection to download everything; and i could see there is no wi-fi and no ethernet connections,

the wi-fi is not working and ethernet shows no cable, dont know how to fix this,,,

Hope to get a reply because apparently i forgot how to start a new discussion on the forum...

• Administrators

If you use our myHack + special ML bootpack, Ethernet works and you can install EDP to proceed with the D620 system build. EDP will not work unless you actually used myHack as an installer because it relies on myFix.

So, provided you did use myHack, did you do the "Install Extra", pointing to the specific ML bootpack previously downloaded?

I don't know where i went wrong, i know i have used everything according to the process which you mentioned in the default installation guide. I am going repeat the procedure again, since the last time an error occurred i re-installed everything and was able to go to desktop, so expect me to give a reply soon.

P.S

Sorry for late reply, i posted late night and after sleeping went to work, I appreciate your support and am thankful and grateful about it....