ML & Lion installation on Dell D620

ravian0006

• Administrators

You cannot use the default installation guide since that ML is not normally supported on the D620... You must have noticed there is no ML bootpack for the D620 and therefore no way to proceed with the myHack & standard OSXL booptack. You need to use our special guide with a special hack called MLPF.

Look for our specific guides for those unsupported systems in the EDP->Supported Models with Guides section of the forum.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I Have not used Mountain Lion, I am installing Lion 10.7, I have no sound, no ethernet, no wifi. This is a bit strange because when i opened system information, it did not say there is no Ethernet, rather it was showing the following

Kext name : AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext

BSD Device Name: en0

MAC Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00

Excception list: *.local,169.254/16

FTP Passive: Yes

Service Order : 1

Well, I am going to do the Mountain Lion PostFactor [MLPF] method which you mentioned, but first i am going to use 3605-Lion_BCM5722D.kext kext file, i think i should copy it into extra folder and it should do it in the install...

I am back again after a lot of time and believe me when i say this i have installed lion 10.7 many time on my machines now, using the same myHack process again and again, using different extra folders i could find. I am going to write in detail what the problem is again with each step..

first of all let me tell you that i am installing lion not mountain lion, using different extra folders, by using the myHack bootpack and files from the compatibility page, let me state this again, i have the same problem of ethernet i dont know why.

before the actual startup of os i could see that the mac address was all zeros 00:00:00:00:00, details is

Kext name : AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext

BSD Device Name: en0

MAC Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00

Excception list: *.local,169.254/16

FTP Passive: Yes

Service Order : 1

but after using kextdrop to install BCMEthernet5722 i saw that the mac address before startup was correct/actual mac address, but after the os loaded and i viewed the system information it was again 00:00:00:00:00

I noted that there was an error several times which was like

Adapter reset failed - FTQ initialization failed or something like

please help me i am willing to use lion if possible

• Administrators

You need to use the Intel binary version of the BCM5751 kext, not the universal binary one (PPC + Intel). If you right click on the kext and select "Get Info" you'll see which it is. The Intel binary version if 147KB vs. 664KB for the Universal one.

Anyway, it's all detailed here and the kext is provided too.

PS: I think I said it before but BCM5722 kext is not for the Ethernet fitted to the D620.

I am back again, and let me thank you as i am writing this post from my mac, but, considering my bad luck something would and i did..

after the EDP installation i launched the website but now i have this error, 

Warning: require_once(/Extra/EDP/bin/functions.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Extra/EDP/bin/config.inc.php on line 74

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/Extra/EDP/bin/functions.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /Extra/EDP/bin/config.inc.php on line 74

and i could see from my bin folder the config file is available. i don understand why it is stating no such file or directory

I'm trying to install 10.7.4 with the same setup, (A10 D620 nVidia w/ Intel Wireless disabled), and I can't get my ethernet LAN working for EDP. I've installed both Lion and SL multiple times using defined bootpacks+myhack and I still have the same reoccuring issue.

I'm wondering how Ravian0006 was able to resolve this issue? I installed the binary version of Herve's kext without any luck.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.