Dell E6520 with NVS 4200M on Mavericks (10.9)

sandflee

• Moderators

Does anyone have problems running with multicore on?  When I have more than one core enabled, it'll boot the log on screen but shortly after, the screen goes black and everything shuts off with the power light still on.

Do you have the nvidia optimus enabled or you only have HD3000?

Running with muticore works fine for me. Is the light blinking or just solid light?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have the nvidia optimus enabled or you only have HD3000?

Running with muticore works fine for me. Is the light blinking or just solid light?

I have Optimus disabled.  I think I have it sorted out.  Turns out, it wasn't really shutting down but trying to go into sleep/hibernate all the time.  I turned Speedstep back on and that seems to resolve that.  Everything is now turned on... all cores, hyperthread, turbo, speedstep...

I now have run into a second issue.  I can't seem to get two external displays going with my E-Port dock.  I can have one external and the built in display going but as soon as I plug in a second external, it all goes blank until I unplug one.  Kind of a bummer, took me forever to get both displays working with ML10.8

my USB installer stuck at:

P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 35 in context 2 on CPU 0

and will go into a kernel panic after a long-time waiting. sometimes go straight into kernel panic

also, what do i need to modify if i want to disable optimus? i don't mind whether sleeping works. but i have a linux installation and using bumblebee to support optimus is really a mess.

=====

Updated:

I generated a ssdt.aml using ssdtPRGen.sh and replace the one in the Extra folder. now i can see the language choosing screen. but another problem pops up :( i can move my cursor but i can't make clicks.

while booting it says VoodooPS2Controller.kext loading failed. do i need to do some editing to make it work on my own laptop?

=====

Updated:

I deleted AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, and now i can use the mouse normally. but the installation failed at about 18 min remaining, with no myhack window popping up.

and my usb stick is broken now... it became read-only and there is no such switch on it. i guess i have to wait until i buy a new one :(