Dell E6520 with NVS 4200M on Mavericks (10.9)

sandflee

• Administrators

I can't enable Optimus because the pc is locked from my factory. Do you know how to unlock bios settings?

No such lock from factory build I'm afraid; this is done by companies or individuals who want to secure their systems...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using this guide I was able to get my E6520 working flawlessly with 10.9.1.  I previously ran ML 10.8.2 using NV4200M graphics and I must say the performance of my new setup runs circles around my old one.  Sleep and AirPlay alone made this a worthwhile effort.  I also noticed my laptop runs a lot cooler and quieter.

Just wanted to say thanks to sandflee for posting this guide and sharing his Extra folder.  My specs are:

Latitude E6520, BIOS A12 | i5-2520M 2.5GHz vpro| 8GB DDR3 | nVidia 4200M/HD3000, 1920x1080 | Dell DW1510

If you guys like I can attach my Extra folder for reference.  Just let me know.

Hi guys, I'm hoping one of you can help me. I have an E6520, BIOS A19 i7-2620M 2.70GHz vpro 8GB | nvidia 4200M/HD3000 | DW1510. I've tried downloads from this post and also Jake Lo's writeup using Optimus with a disabled 4200M. My problem is i simply cannot get the system to boot correctly using the supplied Extensions. Also with various virtualization options turned on in the BIOS i get different boot results. I can boot without graphics acceleration if VT for Direct I/O and TPM is disabled, I can't boot at all with those options enabled. I've attached my vanilla DSDT hoping that someone can help me with this process. I have a system running 10.9 already and it works great. I'd like to get my laptop running as well. 

Thanks in advance

dsdt.aml.zip

Thanks guys! I have successfully install mavericks and it runs well.

The problem i'm facing is that a utility called PCKeyboardHack doesn't work with internal keyboard. It works well with my wireless keyboard, but has no effect on my internal keyboard.

Does this have something to do with the VoodooPS2Controller.kext? Is there any replacement to it?

Thanks in advance

Never used PCKeyboardHack. Sorry.

Jake,

Have you upgraded to 10.9.2 yet? I lost sound with the upgrade. I tried update the AppleHDA from the following post and also upgraded the Chameleon to r2377.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6302-solved-e6530-update-from-1091-to-1092-lose-sound/

Chameleon r2377 gave me a crash stating Memory Allocation Error. Any idea? I had to start from USB and revert back to r2266.