D430 Lion Installation

ausec

Hello everyone. First of all, I am a completely newbie.

I was trying to install  Lion on my D430. I followed the tutorial about how to make a OS X Lion install stick. It boots but when the installation starts all it does is to show me 2 pictures and that's all it does. Does anyone knows what those pictures mean? 

First it shows this one:

post-4953-0-12397800-1384509429_thumb.jpg

and after that, this one:

post-4953-0-26952200-1384509435_thumb.jpg

It is alternating this pictures and I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

• Administrators

It means it's not detecting your keyboard and TouchPad. I guess you have a bluetooth module and the system is looking for BT input devices in preference of anything else -> disable BT in the BIOS. Alternatively, try to press [ENTER] or [sPACE] repeatedly, that often makes the installation resume.

• Administrators

:?:  What's a "lag adapter"? Did you mean LAN port? That is fully supported from the onset with the OSXL bootpack... Are you installing Lion with myHack + our bootpack?

Which BIOS do you have? Update to the latest (A09) if required and setup your BIOS parameters as suggested in the pinned thread.

• Administrators

Well, I had a quick comparison and verification on my D430 since it has SL 10.6.8, Lion 10.7.5 and ML (MLPF) 10.8.4 installed on it. To my surprise, I too had a MAC address set at 00.00.00.00.00.00 under SL and Lion. It was Ok though under ML.

I thought I'd take at look at the kexts to check if they were the same (from left to right, AppleBCM5751Ethernet under SL, L and ML):

BCM5751Ethernet_kexts.png

These are post-EDP kexts, I'll have to check the bootpacks, but one thing is sure: the 664Ko Universal kext seems troublesome whereas the 147Ko Intel kext is fine. 'looks like we have a small change to make to EDP, possibly to the bootpacks too.

Thanks for raising this! I haven't asked, but is Ethernet working at all when the MAC @ is set to null (I would expect it not to)?

NB: try the attached kext (Intel binary version from my ML installation)

AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip

Hello.

LAN isn't working, alltought System Informations is reporting that the drivers are installed, the Network Pane always says "No IP Address". I will tens it wit the kexts you provided and I'll get back to you. 

The weirdest thing is that the LAN Adapter is working perfectly under SL 10.6.3...