AGPM and Audio

osxfr33k

I noticed there was not a AGPM nor VoodooHDA kexts in the Bootpack.  Would anyone have that for the D830 with the Nvidia NV140 graphics which is very close to the 8400M graphics card.

Is there a way to use EDP without an actual install and just get the packages into a zip or folder?  I read in the forum to choose VoodooHDA #3 but any way to get these files without installing EDP?

For the AGPM just wanted the section for MAcBookPro3,1 modified for the High and Low thresholds and strip away any integrated graphics in that section.

What is the VoodooTSCSync.kext used for?  IS the DSDT in the bootpack the most up to date version or is the one from the EDP more updated? 

Thanks

• Administrators

There's an article + a forum post about performance tuning with FakeSMC & SMBIOS plist on our D Series laptop in Articles + R&D section. Have a look in the relevant web site section or use the Search facility on the forum. We're working on modifying those kextpacks that could benefit from the tuned up FakeSMC & SMBIOS plist; that could be available in the next few weeks.

DSDT is the same in bootpack & EDP system build, bootpacks are just the minimum subsets of kexts strictly necessary to boot the OS X installer. Audio is not a necessary item as far as an installer is concerned.

Re: VoodooHDA, I guess you would know the various versions are available on the Net. Our VoodooHDA #3 is just own index and refers to one of the latest v2.8.x versions.

EDP does not operate as an app you simply install on your Hack. It makes use of a database of kexts, plists, DSDT tables, modules, Chameleon boot files and various tools to tune those systems that have been integrated, i.e. tested & validated by our team. There is no zip file you could use per sé. If, for some reasons, you don't want to have EDP on your D830 but still want the files it provides after system build, I can only suggest that you actually make an EDP system Build and retain a copy of the various tables/plists/kexts it installs in /E/E. Feel free to redo your own /Extra folder with the saved files afterwards and rebuild your kext set & cache.

• Like 1

There's an article + a forum post about performance tuning with FakeSMC & SMBIOS plist on our D Series laptop in Articles + R&D section. Have a look in the relevant web site section or use the Search facility on the forum. We're working on modifying those kextpacks that could benefit from the tuned up FakeSMC & SMBIOS plist; that could be available in the next few weeks.

DSDT is the same in bootpack & EDP system build, bootpacks are just the minimum subsets of kexts strictly necessary to boot the OS X installer. Audio is not a necessary item as far as an installer is concerned.

Re: VoodooHDA, I guess you would know the various versions are available on the Net. Our VoodooHDA #3 is just own index and refers to one of the latest v2.8.x versions.

EDP does not operate as an app you simply install on your Hack. It makes use of a database of kexts, plists, DSDT tables, modules, Chameleon boot files and various tools to tune those systems that have been integrated, i.e. tested & validated by our team. There is no zip file you could use per sé. If, for some reasons, you don't want to have EDP on your D830 but still want the files it provides after system build, I can only suggest that you actually make an EDP system Build and retain a copy of the various tables/plists/kexts it installs in /E/E. Feel free to redo your own /Extra folder with the saved files afterwards and rebuild your kext set & cache.

Well that even better yet if it install everything  in /Extra/Extensions and does nothing to the /system/library/extensions.  I'll keep an eye out for the updated drivers as weeks go by.

I installed Mavericks on a separate drive then installed that drive on the D830 and it would boot and get to the desktop with a white screen then a black screen and I would actually see some last few verbose messages at the top left of the screen.  Desktop never booted.  Maybe Darkwake is needed?

Thanks