Help with Dell E5420 installation

hibrahim

• Moderators

Hi, 

This is my first post on the forum and I hope you can help me to install OSX on my laptop.

Specs are:

Core i5 2.5Ghz 2520M

Intel HD 3000 Vga 

12GB of RAM

Broadcom netXtreme 57xx Gigabet controller

Could you suppose me the distribution to install and where/how to start?

I tried iFail ML2 and ML3 with no luck.

Thank you :) .

Check here. If you have different resolution as the OP, let me know. Here in OSXL, we use the myHack method. So read more about it here.

• Moderators

Thank you so much for your replay.

Yes I have different resolution, mine is 1366 x 768.

now I started to download a dmg image for Mavericks and will start the installation :)

You can use the bootpack in the above link, but replace the DSDT with this one since you have the lower resolution. DSDT.aml.zip

Oh and don't forget to add the broadcom kext as well and remove AppleIntelE1000E.

Hibrahim, did you ever get OS X to install on your 5420? I'm trying to install it as well. I actually got it to boot to the installer (for the first time), but when it boots it wants me to connect a bluetooth keyboard before I select the language. I've tried connecting an external USB keyboard, but that doesn't help.

Hello Hibriham and Corporal, I have the same laptop and I've never been able to install 10.6.3 or move forward. It freezes partway through the install process and after a while, reboots.

I have tried booting -x -v -f and a number of combinations, acpi=off GraphicsEnabler=No

Do you have a step by step?

Best Regards