HELP - Mavericks on Dell Precision T3400

justinjo

First of all; thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

This is my third Hackintosh. First OOB.

I am working with a Precision T3400 Desktop Bios A14. C2D 2.66Ghz NVidia 9600GT. No onboard graphics available.

I made my unifail installer and set bios to how I think they should be:

RAID Autodetect / AHCI

Integrated Audio, NIC OFF (for precautionary reasons)

LPT, Serial Port, PS/2 OFF (for precautionary reasons)

Multiple CPU Core = ON

SpeedStep = OFF

Virtualization = OFF

Limit CPUID Value = OFF

All Power Management options are set to OFF

Suspend is set to S3

Every time I try to boot the installer -x -v I get:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management

I have tried GraphicsEnabler, and other bootflags, but I think it is something deeper. 

Been stuck on this for HOURZ. Anybody have ideas??

Thank you. 

Sweet. So its probably my graphics card? or monitor?

I found a gigabyte card at my shop GV-N845-5121 powered by NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS GPU. 

Different card, same result. Maybe its the resolution. The computer doesn't turn off or anything; I just get a NO SIGNAL on the monitor. Maybe this old monitor cant handle the resolution or something. Gonna try it with my TV. 

One more thing - Failatkos ML2 DVD allowed me to load the installer, install it, then did the same thing that is happening now. (get stuck at the same place)

I am (was) using DVI with the LCD monitor. The (new) card has DVI VGA and HDMI. I don't have a VGA cable available so I used HDMI to plug it into my TV.  Got the same message with both cards. 

The only Bios video option is SET PRIMARY. I have it set to PEG. I hope that's right. 

Every time it black screens I have to suffocate it to shut it down. When I release the power button it comes back to life for a split second then turns off. After I kill it this way, when I turn it on it does an AUTOMATIC IDE CONFIGURATION. If I try to USB boot after that, it will not see my flash drive as bootable. If I CTRL ALT DEL and reboot it will not do the IDE CONFIGURATION and it will allow me to boot from my USB. 

I have only 1GB RAM installed and the SSD I'm installing on has Windows 7 installed. I did a quick install so I could update the Bios and have not formatted since. 

I'm at a loss. I have access to many parts. Is there something that I could do (add) that would make this successful?