OS X Mavericks E5500

requiem78

Hi.I have successfully install Mavericks on Dell E5500 thanks to DaFOB guide for E6400/6500/M4400 which you can find here.I just delete in the EXTRA folder the kext for LAN card and add the kext for E5500.Everything works perfect except for wifi( you can buy a compatible one) and the graphic card(Intel GMA4500MHD) where I have 1024x768 resolution.(Very sad I can't even change resolution through org.chameleon.boot.plist).

Here is the Extra file for E5500

Extra_E5500_10.9.zip

• Administrators

whats the dev id's on that GMA4500MHD there are a few versions of it. also chameleon Graphics enabler has some coded as X3100 which is not maverick compatible since it would be a 32 bit kext and the kext is not in maverick any way. that graphics is closer related to first gen HD graphics. 

• Administrators

yeah chameleon has it coded wrong starts at line 442 in gma.c on the chameleon source http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk/i386/libsaio/gma.c

442	        /* 2A02, 2A12, 2A13, 2A42, 2A43 */
443	        case GMA_I965_GM: // GMAX3100

there are modified frame buffer that might work but they never worked for me when i had that same graphics card. mine worked but no acceleration. use GraphicsEnabler=No and try adding Natit.kext 

Natit.zip

yeah chameleon has it coded wrong starts at line 442 in gma.c on the chameleon source http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk/i386/libsaio/gma.c

442	        /* 2A02, 2A12, 2A13, 2A42, 2A43 */
443	        case GMA_I965_GM: // GMAX3100

there are modified frame buffer that might work but they never worked for me when i had that same graphics card. mine worked but no acceleration. use GraphicsEnabler=No and try adding Natit.kext 

Viewing the source code as soon as concern 2A42 id unfortunately for the case GMA_I965_GM nothing happens.There is not any code.This natit.kext I just have to install it with kext utility and in the chameleon.boot.plist change the graphicsenabler to no?

• Administrators

well if your using kext util then yes if using myhack method it goes in your Extra folder then you run myfix. and at chameleon prompt use GraphicsEnabler=No at boot up.

the problem is it states 2A42, 2A43 is x3100 from a i965 chipset. that is incorrect. the other issue is that apple never used the 4500 chipset graphics.