Can't Get Chameleon To Install On D620

Yahlen

I'm a complete noob when it comes to OS X, and I finally managed to get 10.6.8 to install on my D620 (Intel). Now, the biggest problem I'm having is that I can't get Chameleon to install at all. In a previous installation that I had to overwrite due to problems and not knowing how to fix them, I had it working, but now I cannot get it to install at all. Currently I'm booting off the D620SLV1.iso, but it'd be nice to be able to boot without a CD. Also, if anyone could help me to get sleep working, it would also be helpful so that I can actually shut my laptop. Thanks for any help.

Installing EDP didn't work (As in going through and selecting to install Chameleon)

EDIT: Also, I apparently messed something up somewhere because every time I try to boot I get a "You need to restart your computer" screen since installing EDP.

i'm having the same issue with chameleon and my d620, it installs and doesn't get past /boot0... i think i will have to reformat my drive. only boots from my thumb drive into chameleon :(

Well, although we have strong opponents towards booting from the USB stick, even in our small group here, I prefer this method to all others.

I run two hackintoshes, one desktop with Gigabyte board and NVIDIA graphics and my D430. For both I managed to have a clean, really vanilla OS X on my harddrives and Chameleon, OS X install media and all hack stuff are based on USB devices. I have two of those per computer. First USB stick contains the safe configuration, one which boots every time. All fancy tweaks, options and whatnot are banned there. It really does boot every time. The second one is my regular boot stick. The one for tinkering around with configurations, tweaks and optimizations. I also use it to test new versions of Chameleon or EDP. So, whenever I like to try something and it fails, I don't care. I just replace the screwed up stick with my secure one and - off I go. As soon as I am back in OSX, I restore the configuration of the regular stick and replace the secure one with it.

I probably installed OS X once to many for being confortable with Chameleon and /Extra folder being based on my HD. Way to many times I altered my configuration or installed a new kext, just to find out that it does not boot any more. Since by default Chameleon chooses the configuration from the drive you would like to start from (if /Extra folder available there), you will not be able to revive your installation by booting from stick. USB stick method didn't fail me once so far.

Also, I am against altering OSX on HD in any way. I do not touch Library or System folder, nor the files based there. If something cannot be fixed by tweaks or kexts on my USB stick - I am waiting until there is a method which will allow me to keep my OSX clean. That way I can always ensure that the standard OSX upgrade can be run without killing all my tweaks in files being overwritten by new versions. The easiest way to keep the upgrade path open.

But that's me. Your mileage may vary.

maan i am also having chameleon issues i installed edp 1.9 updated to 10.6.8 and also updated to chameleon 1213 in edp 1.9 and everytime i try to boot it freezes at / so i installed chamelelon from edp 1.8 and that boots but then my wifi is not working and battery meter doesnt show up and the overall speed is slow

• Administrators

use combo pack version of 10.6.8 for the slow issue your update might have gotten corrupted. and rerun edp. make sure to fix permissions after update. as for wifi it tends to break on 10.6.8. you need to use the wifi kext/kexts that worked with your wifi card from 10.6.7, 10.6.4, or 10.6.0