D630 NVidia freezes after pre-configured EDP 5

mandy32

Hey Guys,

Is there any other issues with the latest EDP i should be aware of? I have built probably 20 D630's so I am aware on the process and what needs to be done in the bios as well as the wifi cards etc that are needed and I just cant get this latest D630 w/10.7 to function correctly.

I started my install like normal and then once I get into the OS ( initial boot ) I apply the EDP, After this I cannot boot back into the computer.

If I boot from the installer USB and run " Remove problematic KEXTS" Then I install the downloaded D630 Extra and reboot I can boot fine
I have wifi and the accelerated video but no sound and no sleep or battery options etc. So then I download EDP, Update EDP, do the build

for my laptop ( D630 / Nvidia ) Turn on the ACPI fix ( thinking this would do it after I found this post ) and then I start getting popups saying
" system extension cannot be used over and over again ", Reboot and im back to square one having to remove kext, reinstall EXTRA etc

Not sure why I am having issues this is usually painless, Any help would be greatly appreciated .

sounds like corrupted permissions. run a disk/permissions repair on your installer and hdd.

Thanks, Ran repair it fixed a bunch of stuff I tried again and still " System Extension cannot be used " Do I have to reboot after the repair?

Folks, please note that we're working on a set of revised boot packs and revised EDP System Builds kexts and default settings. This will be gradually deployed over the next weeks.

Would this be a good time to see about any interest in a separate set of model data for Penryn CPU's? :-)

Looking forward to seeing things show up in svn.... :-D

Would this be a good time to see about any interest in a separate set of model data for Penryn CPU's? :-)

Looking forward to seeing things show up in svn.... :-D

Actually this is a Penryn, I think I got this working, But had to do a work around.. I removed the myhack.kext then reinstalled it with Kext Drop then ran myfix and now it appears everything is working as intended. Not sure why even with permissions repairs I still was unable to just use the standard edp method..as

Ran EDP again and now it installed flawlessly without any errors but still one issue.

Sleep is not working, If I close the lid and re-open it appears to re-boot, If I choose sleep it does the same thing, I have checked via terminal the hibernationmode = 0 / sleep = 0 / lidwake = 1