Black screen on boot N53sv

frank12311

Hello everyone!

I have a problem, i created a OSX 10.9 boot usb with myhack, plus the bootpack of course.

I can boot from the usb and use verbose mode to see what going on. After a few screens of loading stuff, it stands still on a black screen. Ive waited up to 20min and tried to restart a few times but nothing helps. I tried googling but nothing helped.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks

Frank

Hi Bronxteck,

It does have a dual graphics, it cannot be selected in the bios. However, while booting with the usb and in the rest of the progress (as far it goes :( ), i can see it uses the intel graphics, (blue led indicator).

Asus-N53SV-S1842V
Intel i7 2670QM

Intel Graphics 3000
Nvidia GT 540M

Thanks

• Administrators

i thought it was HD3000. there are issues with that in maverick. it sounds like the frame buffer is stuck on loading. if you remove it it might run in VESA so no acceleration but it would give you the OS environment for further trouble shooting hopefully. it's  System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext but before relocating the kext as you will need it for testing later try adding natit.kext to your extra folder and running a my fix.

Natit.zip

Hi from OSX, first off thanks for the help.

I got a few issues that i don't know how to solve.

This is my first time installing OSX etc. so excuse me if something is not possible

Resolution is at 1280x1024, can this be set higher?

How can i use like command+a to select text, if i use it now (windows key) i get å (wrong command bindings)

Dragging a window doesn't work with the touchpad, regular mouse works.

The rest works perfect.