E6400 Mavericks - Bluethoot, Touchpad, sleep/wake, vga port, power button issue

krzysztofc10

Hi! Everyone! 

I have successful installed osx 10.9 on my Dell Latitude E6400 laptop with Nvidia NVS 160 :-P

I follow the steps from this thread https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2674-dell-e64006500m4400-mavericks-109-gm/ and I can't get a few things to work…... :-(  

1.Bluethoot - It's working but I can't turn it off :( , only in BIOS but I need it sometimes. I have Bios version A34

2.Touchpad - Is there any chance to get multi-fingers future to work ? I't realy would make my life easier.

3.Sleep/wake- If screen will lock i can get pass it but when it goes to sleep I can't wake it. I don't use sleep enabler, I have only add to terminal the line in link above.

4.Vga port - When I plug monitor in Vga port, monitor led lights up and turn off. Mac don't recognizes any device pluged in VGA. :x

5. Power button - I've used kext from one user in link above "AppleACPIPlatform.kext" and only one time Power button work when I restart my notebook. 1time per restart. 

If anyone have a solution to fix one of this problems I would be grateful. 8-)

And sorry for my bad english.

Cheers!  :mrgreen:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! Everyone! 

I have successful installed osx 10.9 on my Dell Latitude E6400 laptop with Nvidia NVS 160 :-P

I follow the steps from this thread https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2674-dell-e64006500m4400-mavericks-109-gm/ and I can't get a few things to work…... :-(

1.Bluethoot - It's working but I can't turn it off :( , only in BIOS but I need it sometimes. I have Bios version A34

2.Touchpad - Is there any chance to get multi-fingers future to work ? I't realy would make my life easier.

3.Sleep/wake- If screen will lock i can get pass it but when it goes to sleep I can't wake it. I don't use sleep enabler, I have only add to terminal the line in link above.

4.Vga port - When I plug monitor in Vga port, monitor led lights up and turn off. Mac don't recognizes any device pluged in VGA. :x

5. Power button - I've used kext from one user in link above "AppleACPIPlatform.kext" and only one time Power button work when I restart my notebook. 1time per restart. 

If anyone have a solution to fix one of this problems I would be grateful. 8-)

And sorry for my bad english.

Cheers!  :mrgreen:

Let's take these one at a time -

1. Bluetooth can be turned off in System Preferences -> Bluetooth -> Advanced Settings -> Uncheck the two boxes

2. Touchpad - multi-touch features. Not really sure on these, although there has been some input on this forum and others

3. Sleep/Wake - I, personally have only succeeded with Suspend to Ram, others claim to have succeeded, but I'm not sure. Bronxteck's suggestion is worth a try. Suspend to Ram can be achieved by using these commands:  sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage (this one is only needed if you have added a sleepimage)

4. VGA port - from what I remember, it requires a DSDT edit/patch - not my area of expertise. From this post, original post: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1100-dell-e64006500-research-thread/  -  VGA Out  Partially working. You must force "Detect Display" to discover attached display and again for detached display.

Mirroring works.

5. Power button - never experienced an issue with it, but someone in this forum wrote about it with a fix, which it appears you tried.

I uncheck two boxes in bluethoot advanced settings and bluethoot is still on. It's gray field to turn on/off :(

Vga Port is working thanks ! :D

But sleep/ wake works only once as my pc is on. I remove sleepimage with your command then it works but when I try second time my dell wan't to wake :( So when I restart my computer I use command in terminal to remove sleepimage and sleepimage still exist :/ 

Same problem with sleep on E6500. Works once fine.

If sleep image does not exist, sleep works. But it seems to get created or seems to exist even when suspend to RAM is ON.

Not an expert, but is there a way to capture the sleep event and run a shell script (sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage) to delete the file every time sleep is called (just before the sleep happens)? Or maybe delete it just before wake starts to process it? Or prohibit write of this file using permissions?

Please ignore if this sounds stupid…A newbie here. But really need sleep to work to use the laptop...

• Administrators

It's DellBluetoothHCI.kext and I have Dell Bluethoot 370 card I have just changed to my product ID(Vendor was the same) in DEC and my bluethoot is now don't available So I change it back

Can you post the Bluetooth adapter's PCI IDs as they appear in System Report?

Tuto was here and took CSR chip-based models as examples.