D830 Mavericks Installation

slyguyoh

Please excuse my n00bness to the Hackintosh world, but I've only been in the Hackintosh world for the last 6 months or so.

I'm a D830 user who has successfully run 10.6.3, 10.7, and 10.8 running using EDP.  Each time, I blew it away and started fresh.  I'm assuming that this is the correct method for installation, based off of what I have read when researching.

However, after installing ML, I actually started using my Hackintosh quite frequently, and installed a lot of software.  Some of this software has different activated licenses, like my effects plug-ins for my recording devices.  Is there a document or procedure I can refer to that outlines how to preserve my software and settings so that I can run them after installation of Mavericks?

• Administrators

Provided you have an nVidia D830 (the only D830 models that can properly run Mavericks), you should be able to simply proceed with a fresh install over your ML installation. That would normally preserve all apps and files that you currently have.

Needless to say, make a full backup of your ML partition (a full partition image ideally) before you do anything.

• Like 1