E6530 with intel HD4000 & no nvidia graphics ??

bzImage

Something its really messed up.

i got this on my system.log

Nov 27 13:42:54 socs-iMac.local com.apple.kextcache[403]: kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: The super class vtable 'vtable for IOUSBControllerV3' for vtable 'vtable for GenericUSBXHCI' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Nov 27 13:45:02 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement]: The super class vtable '__ZTV9IOService' for vtable '__ZTV28AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Nov 27 13:45:10 socs-iMac kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager]: The super class vtable '__ZTV9IOService' for vtable '__ZTV24AppleSmartBatteryManager' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Nov 27 13:45:02 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: The super class vtable '__ZTV17IOUSBControllerV3' for vtable '__ZTV14GenericUSBXHCI' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Nov 27 13:45:02 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI]: The super class vtable '__ZTV17IOUSBControllerV3' for vtable '__ZTV12AppleUSBXHCI' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Just out of curiosity i searched the disk for "copies" of AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext  and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and found this:

SmartBatteryManager.kext appears on:

/Extra/Extensions/AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext appears on:

/Extra/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Do i have to remove those copies and only leave the ones on /Extra/Extensions ?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Something its really messed up.

i got this on my system.log

Nov 27 13:42:54 socs-iMac.local com.apple.kextcache[403]: kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: The super class vtable 'vtable for IOUSBControllerV3' for vtable 'vtable for GenericUSBXHCI' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Nov 27 13:45:02 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement]: The super class vtable '__ZTV9IOService' for vtable '__ZTV28AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Nov 27 13:45:10 socs-iMac kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager]: The super class vtable '__ZTV9IOService' for vtable '__ZTV24AppleSmartBatteryManager' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Nov 27 13:45:02 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: The super class vtable '__ZTV17IOUSBControllerV3' for vtable '__ZTV14GenericUSBXHCI' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Nov 27 13:45:02 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI]: The super class vtable '__ZTV17IOUSBControllerV3' for vtable '__ZTV12AppleUSBXHCI' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Just out of curiosity i searched the disk for "copies" of AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext  and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and found this:

SmartBatteryManager.kext appears on:

/Extra/Extensions/AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext appears on:

/Extra/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Do i have to remove those copies and only leave the ones on /Extra/Extensions ?

No, leave them all there. The files in EE are patched versions on SLE and will be loaded first.

I noticed that you have both ApplePS2Controller and VoodooPS2Controller. You need to remove ApplePS2Controller if you want to use the scroll in the touchpad. Try to run a myfix (full) this time.

After mixing and matching kexts and several reboots and panics i made it work.

Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on Dell Latitude E6530 with no Nvidia Graphics (Intel HD4000), this model don't have camera or fingerprint reader, and no lighted keyboard (i have a co-worker that has the same model but with all that, mine don't have that extra hardware).

So far, what works:

- Ethernet

- Video (Intel HD4000) 

- USB ports

- Audio

- Battery

- Sleep

- HDMI output

- Keyboard and PS2 touchpad (with no multitouch, the VoodooPS2 driver gives me panics but i will keep trying later)

What don't work

- Wireless

- Disabled Bluetooth because i don't use it

Not tested:

- SD card

- RGB monitor output

• Moderators

After mixing and matching kexts and several reboots and panics i made it work.

Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on Dell Latitude E6530 with no Nvidia Graphics (Intel HD4000), this model don't have camera or fingerprint reader, and no lighted keyboard (i have a co-worker that has the same model but with all that, mine don't have that extra hardware).

So far, what works:

- Ethernet

- Video (Intel HD4000) 

- USB ports

- Audio

- Battery

- Sleep

- HDMI output

- Keyboard and PS2 touchpad (with no multitouch, the VoodooPS2 driver gives me panics but i will keep trying later)

What don't work

- Wireless

- Disabled Bluetooth because i don't use it

Not tested:

- SD card

- RGB monitor output

You need to replace your wireless card if  it's an intel.

You need to replace your wireless card if  it's an intel.

First.. thanks a lot Jake i will never made it on my own.. you are the reason why im using this laptop today with OS X.

Thanks again.

Its a Broadcom BCM4310 (or at least that's how OSX report it) but i already purchased some DELL DW1510 from china, they arrive in 1 month..

Here is my /Extra folder if someone has the same computer as me:  

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/682439/E6530_no_nvidia.tar

And one little thing.. the computer don't sleep when i close the lid, but it does when i select sleep on the menu, this is not a show stopper, but if there is any way to just close the lid and sleep it will be cool.

And another thing.. if i "upgrade" to Mavericks.. i will have to mix and mach drivers again or i can use my /Extra folder with Mavericks ?

Also what type of trackpad does this laptop have?

I downloaded ALPS-TouchPad-Driver-v7.zip unzipped and installed the "Release" version

bash-3.2# rm -rf /Extra/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

bash-3.2# cp -rp VoodooPS2Controller.kext /Extra/Extensions

bash-3.2# myfix -t /

Checking for PS2 Extensions i found this:

bash-3.2# ls -ld /Extra/Extensions/*PS2*

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Jul 12 16:00 /Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

bash-3.2# ls -ld /System/Library/Extensions/*PS2*

ls: /System/Library/Extensions/*PS2*: No such file or directory

bash-3.2# ls -ld /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/*PS2*

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:08 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:08 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:08 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext.dSYM

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:08 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:08 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext.dSYM

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:08 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:08 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext.dSYM

- Myhack plugins contains VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, VoodooPS2Contoller.kext, VoodooPS2Mouse.kext, VoodooPS2Keyboard.ext, is that right ?

Rebooted

And got panic, in fact double fault !!

Took a screenshot and here is what i think the relevant part:

FIPS USER Space POST: Success

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint::identify: Found ALPS Device with ID E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x1d

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint ED Report: { 0x88, 0x08, 0x1d }

VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.3 Loaded...

No interval found for . Using 8000000

ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.

ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint::identify: Found ALPS Device with ID E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x1d

Initializing touchPad hardware... this may take a second,

panic(cpu 3 caller 0xffffff80002b91b9): "Double fault at 0xffffff8000029e3fd, registers:\" "CR0: 0x0000000000001686e0\n" "RAX:  0x0000000000001686e0, RBX: 0x00000

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace (CPU,3), Frame: Return Address

Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0xffffffff80f0413890

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Tried again but now with Rehabman merge obtained from here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=2460

bash-3.2# rm -rf /Extra/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

bash-3.2# rm -rf /Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

ls: /Extra/Extensions/*PS2*: No such file or directory

bash-3.2# cp -rp Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext /Extra/Extensions

bash-3.2# cp Release/VoodooPS2Daemon /usr/bin

bash-3.2# cp Release/synapticsconfigload /usr/bin

bash-3.2# myfix -t /

checking on PS2 extensions:

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Sep  8 23:58 /Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

bash-3.2#  ls -ld /System/Library/Extensions/*PS2*

ls: /System/Library/Extensions/*PS2*: No such file or directory

bash-3.2#  ls -ld /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/*PS2*

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:49 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:49 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:49 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext.dSYM

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:49 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:49 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext.dSYM

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:49 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:49 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext.dSYM

Rebooted, no panic, the trackpad "moves" but is unusable.. it don't respond well to the movements, checked and the VoodooPS2Daemon process is running, the prefpanel opens fine, but the trackpad is unusable.

Just discovered that you have to put "more finger" into the trackpad to work, i have to put a bit of more "toucharea", just the tip of the finger its not enough, what settings can i change so i dont have to almost put the entire finger on the trackpad to move it ?

FOUND IT, its the Zfinger Setting.. it works.. its alive !!

Thanks..