E6540

Treeman2004

im using the exact files for the e7440, and everything seems working fine, except for audio,

tried to put in the kext to the dsdt you provided, i dont really know how, but i realized that already has that configured in and it didnt work.

im using the exact files for the e7440, and everything seems working fine, except for audio,

tried to put in the kext to the dsdt you provided, i dont really know how, but i realized that already has that configured in and it didnt work.

Hi,

excuse me, please tell me you all the steps you did to run your e7440.

Can you tell me if you have applied the specific kext or other patches.

I do not know what else to do to run OSX on my e6540.

Thanks

im not a pro, on installing osX, ill give you basic instructions, which should be a good start.

im using unifail, and added a patched kernel,.

be sure to connect external mouse and keyboard, before starting the laptop for install, (the mouse didnt work in my case, and after some changes the keyboard doesnt, be sure to connect them to the right side of the laptop),

Installation USB goes on the left side near the HDMI.

it should boot normally, if it does not try flags "-v -f -x"

( i dont know why but the left port functions best, for booting the install USB)

install normal settings (in case you dont know the steps) partition it to "1 partition", click "options" partion scheme = "GUID Partition Method", fomat = MAC OS Extended  (journaled). give it a name I usually call it "mavericks" then apply, then install to that drive

after installation, and copy the patched kernel to the installed drive.,

again it should boot normally, if it does not try flags "-v -f -x"

it should boot.

i installed mutlibeast using easyDSDT settings, chose installing Intel ethernet, laptop hibernate, 8.1Macbookpro, (cannot remember the rest, go through the list and see what you need)

after reboot you have to fix the boot0 problem, and then try to boot again,

then i created an "Extensions" folder in /Extra/

and installed all the kext to /Extra/Extensions/ using Kext Wizard

copied the .plist, .aml, DSDT, files to /Extra,

using chameleon wizard i changed org.chameleon.Boot.plist setting display to 1080p,

you should be arround 80% of the way, at this point, only wifi, and sound remain.

see how this goes

im an amature in this, but its the best i could do with my skills, if you know a better method feel free to follow it.

if you need more help from me, feel free to ask

• Like 2

• Moderators

im not a pro, on installing osX, ill give you basic instructions, which should be a good start.

im using unifail, and added a patched kernel,.

be sure to connect external mouse and keyboard, before starting the laptop for install, (the mouse didnt work in my case, and after some changes the keyboard doesnt, be sure to connect them to the right side of the laptop),

Installation USB goes on the left side near the HDMI.

it should boot normally, if it does not try flags "-v -f -x"

( i dont know why but the left port functions best, for booting the install USB)

install normal settings (in case you dont know the steps) partition it to "1 partition", click "options" partion scheme = "GUID Partition Method", fomat = MAC OS Extended  (journaled). give it a name I usually call it "mavericks" then apply, then install to that drive

after installation, and copy the patched kernel to the installed drive.,

again it should boot normally, if it does not try flags "-v -f -x"

it should boot.

i installed mutlibeast using easyDSDT settings, chose installing Intel ethernet, laptop hibernate, 8.1Macbookpro, (cannot remember the rest, go through the list and see what you need)

after reboot you have to fix the boot0 problem, and then try to boot again,

then i created an "Extensions" folder in /Extra/

and installed all the kext to /Extra/Extensions/ using Kext Wizard

copied the .plist, .aml, DSDT, files to /Extra,

using chameleon wizard i changed org.chameleon.Boot.plist setting display to 1080p,

you should be arround 80% of the way, at this point, only wifi, and sound remain.

see how this goes

im an amature in this, but its the best i could do with my skills, if you know a better method feel free to follow it.

if you need more help from me, feel free to ask

madoon,

Does your system also have optimus AMD Radeon HD 8790M? If so, did you disable it with DSDT or from BIOS (don't think that's possible). Are you able to get QE/CI with HD 4600?

madoon,

Does your system also have optimus AMD Radeon HD 8790M? If so, did you disable it with DSDT or from BIOS (don't think that's possible). Are you able to get QE/CI with HD 4600?

yes i do have the 8790M card, after using the DSDT it uses the HD 4600 and seems to be runing fine.

no way to disable the card in the bios,

took the files from here,

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6092-latitude-e7440/?p=33633

please be aware im on i7 4800MQ processor, if you are not runing an i7 i dont think you can use those dsdt files.

what is your system config?

Hi,

many many thanks, 
as soon as possible I try the steps that you have shown me and tell you the news.
Thanks for your time.