E6540

Treeman2004

Ok, after a lot of pain I got Yosemite working on my E6540, with Clover

You must follow any E7xxx guide which is says before in this thread, only the USB port from the left works at the beginning

I did not modify the DSDT, I still can't compile the thing.

Anyway:

QE/CI works, had to do some HD4600 values changes, no kext is patched, just clover configuration, also have to use nv_disable = 1 may be because this laptop has two graphics cards (an ati radeon, which does not work and I believe it will not work anyway)

4 usb ports works and audio works, to get usb working I had to apply the FixHPET in clover configurator

To get QE/CI was the hardest but it works somewhat, it still has some glitches in the menu bar, and also in some apps like Xcode project screen.

Camera works (no change needed) I believe VGA port does not work and I did not test the HDMI.

The audio jack is just noise.

The Wifi is the intel one, so it does not work.

Sleep only turns off the screen

Hello, 

Do you guys have full QE/CI with the hd 4600? And how did you do that?

I've managed to install Yosemite on my E6540. It recognizes the HD8790m but the hd 4600 wont accelerate :(

can anyone help me?

Yeah i know i can't use both of them. I just installed Niresh Mavericks but how do i patch my DSDT the right way? It would be awesome if i could have full QE/CI with the HD 4600. 

I use chameleon as bootloader. I got the sound working and my trackpad also. Everything is working except the Intel hd 4600 :(. Here are some pics:vLlyZac.jpg

coGmNAs.jpgIallgzY.jpg

Hope you guys can help me 

• Moderators

Do you have a DSDT?

If you don't, launch Chameleon Wizard, under DSDT->Compile/Extract, click on Save. Compress the file and upload it here.

You are also using the wrong smbios. Switch it to MBA 6.2 or MBP 11.1 using Chameleon Wizard. You won't find MBP 11.2 from  Chameleon Wizard though.

• Administrators

If you read my E6440 guide (linked above), you'll have all details about getting the HD4600 fully functional.

Jake has patched your DSDT to inject the correct platform id and that'll get you full QE/CI in Mavericks. The alternative is to boot with Chameleon option IntelAzulFB=xx (it was 12 in the case of my i5-4300M based E6440). It's all mentioned in the guide.

Jake's patch injects incorrect model info though (but that's just cosmetic) and desktop HD4600 device id (0x0412), not mobile (0x0416);  this is not required with Mavericks only with Yosemite (since Yos has no native support for mobile HD4600) for which this can be circumvented through binary patches of HD5000+Azul framebuffer kexts. True, DSDT injection of desktop HD4600 id saves the hassle of re-patching those kexts after each Yosemite update.

Your boot plist is very basic and misses a few options & flags: kernel cache, built-in Ethernet, graphics enabler, DropDSDT if you've done SpeedStep tuning properly (i.e. generated your CPU SSDT). No need for the npci=0x2000 and PCIroot=1 though, you can get rid of that. Have a look at the boot plist posted in my guide.

Re: your KP screenshots, it seems you used weird boot args combination...