E6540

Treeman2004

• Administrators

No reason why it would not work. You can use my E6440 guide and adapt if necessary. I've linked to it on post #52. It'll depend on your own system's specs but it should be very similar to the E6440.

update.. 

I followed the guide for e7x40 

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6461-guide-e7440-with-clover/

followed exactly till step 5.

step 6.. HVT tool link is wrong i believe.
googled and downloaded from location. 

to compile i have more then 9 errors.. so stopped at that stage and tried to boot. 

--------

No boot flags , was able to select disk utility etc.
keyboard and trackpad works. 

still installing. will update after installation is complete..

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

I have an E6540 with an i7-4800MQ, 8GB RAM, an Intel HD 4600 ONLY (no discrete graphics) and a 1920x1080 display.

What guide can I follow that most closely matches my setup, and which specific files do I need if any?

I've been browsing the forums all day and while there are some thorough guides for specific models, there doesn't seem to be a definitive, easy to follow guide for my particular hardware (not complaining, just finding it difficult to pull together all the fragmented pieces of information in a way that makes sense).

I should mention that I'm very new to all of this, and talk of DSDTs, patches and Kexts are all a bit over my head right now so I would appreciate some clear instruction that is noob-friendly if possible. If I do get things up and running, I will attempt to put together a simple step-by-step guide of my own in order to help other users with the same hardware.

Last but not least, it seems that El Capitan is my only option since that's the only one now available through the Apple store, correct? Or is there any legitimate way of getting hold of Yosemite or Mavericks still?

Cheers​

• Moderators

Patch DSDT with this, should get webcam working

into device name_adr 0x001D0000 code_regex Name.*_ADR.* replace_matched begin Name(_ADR,0) end;
into device name_adr 0x001A0000 code_regex Name.*_ADR.* replace_matched begin Name(_ADR,0) end;
into device name_adr 0x00140000 code_regex Name.*_ADR.* replace_matched begin Name(_ADR,0) end;