d430 snow leopard and new EDP?

elim

Thanks to the team of this wonderful site, I was able to built a triple boot system xp

snow leopard and ubuntu on my D430 120GB 2GB, 1.33Gh book, about 2yrs now. Still use EDP 1.9.2

It was overall very nice that I really love it, except a few things:

1. VGA out not working, I cannot do presentation with a projector while running snow

leopard. I don't know if newer os x or newer EDP's can fix that. Do think that's a big

deal (#1 to me)

2. Another thing is the sleep solution. It's just fine to me setting system pwd in bios,  

disabling system hibernate etc to obtain working sleep function. But after awake from

sleeping, screenshot hot key will not working, Also, some hot key related to non-English

text input will not working.  Only once for some reason which I can never figured out, 

screenshot and IME hot key kept working after sleep, tried again and still working. But

that's gone after reboot and can never reproduce the wonder.....

3. When the system hang (very rare), hard power off is the only way out. But every time

doing that will cause hard drive (partition) error, Have to use os x usb installer to repair

the partition (it always repairable). 

By using clonezilla, I can backup the current build easily and so I'm ready to update EDP.  I just wonder if the new EDP fixes some of the issues above? Thanks a lot!

I Just tried the newest EDP on my D430 sL, and now the VGA out and sleep issues mentioned in my previous post are gone! Many thanks to the team of the site!!!

Now the D430 pointing stick was not working. I know many people never use it but I almost never use the touchpad.  I used Apple's PS2 Countroller before and bouth touchpad and pointing stick worked well to me. I don't care the fancy track pad.... Is there a way to re-enable pointing stick?

Thanks a lot

run edp and configure it with another trackpad option.

Don't see any other option within the EDP app. I also compared my current build and the old one (pointing stick worked there, from edp 1.9.2), Both use ApplePS2Controller.kext,  does there a version difference?

Thanks Bronxteck and Hervé.

There is a size difference. Although the copyright dates are the same, the old one is smaller by roughly 100kb.

I tried to get rid of this kext by rename it (add '0' to its name), move it out of Extension folder, also tried to replace the new by the old. All those eventually not working. They might be working right after the change was made, but after a reboot, the system behaves just like before: pointing stick and the corresponding 'mouse' buttons are not working, touchpad and its right/left mouse buttons working fine.

Since apple never has a laptop with pointing stick, I doubt there would be a easy solution.... It's not a big deal anyways. I'd take some time keep working on it. will be back if I find something. 

I backed up the new d430 SL and then deleted the epd app, /Extra directory was replaced by an old one that made the pointing stick working, deleted the system kext cache. Guess what? The resulting system kept the fixes of sleeping, vga out etc, also kept PREVENT pointing stick working!

Something deeper changed by new EDP. I noticed everytime i login, there is a small msg window pop up saying something like 'it'll close when the job is done' (may not be the exact wording) and it's gone pretty quick. That kept happen even I replaced the new /Extra by the one with old EDP 1.92. What's that?