D620 Troubles

Lume_Kurjak

Before I start I'd like to make clear I'm a complete noob to hackintoshing and osx alike. I began trying to install Snow Leopard by burning a boot loader on a disk and installing OSX from an install disk. After finishing the install I chose the correct drivers in EDP and restarted the system. All seemed to be going fine until it stayed on the pinwheel during the restart. After a bunch of surfing around the forums here that the solution to my problem would be to install from a usb stick. So I downloaded the image and tried to restore it to my usb stick but I was given an error that it needs to be imagescanned so I tried to and it said it was unable to scan because of an invalid argument. So now I am at a loss, any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone needs to know, I've got broadcom wireless and Intel graphics.

Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

as for your first problem to see whats going on with the pinwheel boot in verbose mode in chameleon the option is -v it will run through some code and stop at an error but we also need more info. like your graphics and what version of osx your installing, if you can take a picture of the error in verbose where it stopped that would also help... you can also try -f -v combo and see it it goes further.

for the imagescan issue in disk utility select the image file, go to images tab and hit convert. save in a new location then try the imagescan from the new converted image. if still giving issues mount it and repair disk

I followed what you said about the .img file and it worked perfectly, I was able to restore it to my drive. Previously I was using osx without a graphics card so I held c and booted from the usb drive from chameleon but after the restart it became impossible to get back to osx. I had tried burning a boot loader to a cd and it refused to find that also. Any advice? Also, I'm running on Intel 945GM graphics.

I wasn't able to get it to boot that way but I did reinstall osx and not install the power pack and it survived the reboot. Now I've got the option to turn airport on in network preferences but when I hit it nothing happens, also the disk drive refuses to open in osx and I don't have the option to open it from the menu bar.