Dell Latitude E6410 Mavericks MBR problem

lolimsoasd

I used this guide provided for installing Mavericks.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/3112-e6410-mavericks-guide/

I used the MBR patch files, and everything went smooth until I ran the "post installation" and the "full MyFix".

After reboot I now got message: boot0 error

why is this happening? What should I do during installation to make it work?

Other than that, this is a great community and I loved the OS X while it was on my Latitude. It was pretty stable.

Hope you can & will help me! Thanks in advance! :-P

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

boot with -f -v -x flags and post the kp if possible. mbr can also be the issue but usually surfaces during install. it tends to get stuck at language selection. but there are many working guides here in the forum. conti also posted a reversal process for the mbr patch.

boot with -f -v -x flags and post the kp if possible. mbr can also be the issue but usually surfaces during install. it tends to get stuck at language selection. but there are many working guides here in the forum. conti also posted a reversal process for the mbr patch.

could You link me this guide? I think I already messed up my installation by installing different stuff from myHack...

Well tried evewith MBR and without (removed the patch from installation media).

installing with GUID:

1. Installed, and still no bootloader, now shows "boot0: GPT , boot0: error"

Using myHack install USB to boot:

2. Tried booting without parameters --> kernel panic

3. Booted with -f -->booted to OS X

4. Installed Chameleon

5. Reboot, bootloader loads, boot without parameters --> booted to OS X (WITHOUT MYFIX)

6. Still things like WLAN does not work. So I run myFix FULL.

7. Reboot, bootloader loads, but without parameters KERNEL PANIC

So seems like the god damn myFix is the reason to all my kernel panics?? why ? And if you need logs, could you tell me where to find them?

EDIT:

could it be that I have some different WLAN chip in my e6410? In the guide it says "Wifi - Dell 1510/Broadcom 4322 (big thanks to Darvinko wink.gif )"

although I have "Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6200 AGN" when I check it from Windows.

Installed again without MyFix FULL, everything works now. Using 3G modem to connect to internet.

Card reader is not working, but everything else seems to work.

Is it normal that kernel_task eats ~20% of CPU ?

uptime now 3 hours, everything is smooth and no kernel panics so far :)