Installation of Mavericks on an HP Elitebook 2530p

rjjd

Hi guys i am an possession of an HP Elitebook 2530p on which i want to install Mavericks on it.

Can you assist me while trying doing this?  In the past you helped me out with several other laptops D430 D620 D630 and D830 and one Precision 490 last month.

I attached the specs of this machine ans several screen shots.

I hope this will work fine too.

Thanks and greetz.. 

post-2235-0-66977200-1386665415_thumb.jpg

post-2235-0-81979400-1386665721_thumb.jpg

post-2235-0-40047800-1386665729_thumb.jpg

post-2235-0-81181600-1386665737_thumb.jpg

Hp_Elitebook-2530P.txt

• Administrators

Well, it's built with Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics, so you'll be facing the usual challenge of being able to obtain full QE/CI.

You should be able to install Mavericks on the laptop though, then we'll see how we can help you with getting full graphics support, knowing that we may be able to provide you a set of graphics kexts, but there's no guarantee. We've got kexts that work on some GMA4500-based systems, but not on others...

Getting wireless to work could also be difficult because HP often have a whitelist of cards so, if your existing wireless card turns out to be unsupported, it can be quite another challenge to find out which model would be supported in the laptop whilst compatible with OS X...

Hi thanks for the fast response again :)  wireless is no issue for me because i can use an usb small wireless card which works perfectly on my 430 and 830.

My concern is how to boot and which extra to use?  Must i use Myhack or something else?

Hope you can help me with that

Thanks and greetz,

• Administrators

myHack is what we support and advocate here. Try it with Generic bootpack. That's how it all starts...

Naturally, you may use whatever else might get your fancy, but we won't really be able to support you through installation.

Hi i just successful installed Lion on this laptop using an bootcd with Lion installed  for this occasion. Laptop is booting up nicely with working keyboard and usb ports so i can use an usb mouse.

Not working is the intel GMA 4500 MHD graphics card, Intel Gigabit cable network and audio.

Wireless is no problem because i can install an usb wireless device for this.

I could use some help particularly with the graphics card so if anyone could help me with this

Thank you and greetz,  

Hi can anyone tell me what this KP of my laptop means? and what i have to do to solve it?

KP appears on an not regular time schedule.

Status laptop now: Laptop is starting up normally,  Audio, Trackpad, Internal network card, Wireless works true an usb wireless card, Graphics card is working on native resolution 1280x800 but has not QE support ( sadly).   Beside this KP this  laptop works nice en smoothly.

Can anyone tell me how to rad this KP and solve it?

Thanks and greetz.

post-2235-0-97798900-1386917433_thumb.jpg